FAQ

Mitja

Veteran Member
It happened before.

It happens a lot.

People talking about things over and over again.

Freshman asking "where is turbo in my TDI?" every month.

People searching for information for years.

Therefore, I hereby urge to all with knowledge: let us write a FAQ.

I guess there should be a seperate folder "FAQ writing", where seperate topics would NOT be discussed, but their basic facts explained. Once most of the folks with knoledge arround here would agree, Fred would add the info to the FAQ. And so on.

I am prepaired to cover:
Euro-spec Xenon lights
ESP and stuff
Centaur heat storage units, Eberspaecher and Webasto heaters

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I can contribute to a "how it works" section. Maybe this needs to be done in an organized fashion so it doesn't get out of hand. Questions could be gathered and then sent out by a central organizer, who could then compile the best responses into something understandable and easy to follow. Soooo, nominations for who that organizer should be?

Brian
'96 Passat TDI

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Great idea. I can contribute a bit on the fuel system - from tank to fuel filter, fuel filter replacement, water drainining. There is a considerable amount of information on "Oil", a veritable encyclopedia.

I have also removed my center console, "bobbed" my stick - I can rewrite and submit this as well.

Down the road (heh heh - pun-ney) when we are out of warranty we will likely want to know "what is the best OBDII software tool" and the like.

ThinkDiesel

Veteran Member
EXCELLENT IDEA!

Love to see it happen... I'd like to help compile some reviews of aftermarket parts (wett chips, tires, sway bars, mudflaps, floor mats..etc..)

------------------
Ryan

1999.5 New Jetta GL TDI
Atlantic Blue/Gray

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
This is definatly something that is required. If any of you want to please email me with what section you are doing. If you volunteer, please realize it will take some time to do
This would definatly help make this site better.

Fred

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
This is definatly something that is required. If any of you want to please email me with what section you are doing. If you volunteer, please realize it will take some time to do
This would definatly help make this site better.

Fred

TwoSlick

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Audi TT Roadster, 1990 Audi 100
I can put something together that provides an overview of oil analysis results and how to interpret them ....I think that Dominique or Mickey should do the one on API/ACEA classifications and what they mean.

[This message has been edited by TwoSlick (edited December 21, 1999).]

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Update:

OK, OK, I'm the one who volunteered (got suckered?) into being the organizer. I've started something based on the existing FAQ (which can be seen off the main Fred's page, not off this one). Based on the previous postings to this thread, there's a few people interested in contributing something.

Jimmy, Skypup, and ThinkDiesel are the folks I have the E-mail address for, Mitja and TwoSlick, your E-mail addresses aren't provided in your postings. If you want to help out, E-mail me.

From this point on, I'm going to be doing this via private E-mail between those who have expressed an interest in contributing, so as to avoid cluttering up the forum, but from time to time I might ask a few general questions. Please don't inundate me...

More info to follow, I'll post status updates to this thread.

Brian (a.k.a. FAQ sucker)
'96 Passat TDI

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The draft version of the greatly expanded FAQ is out for proof-reading at all those who have expressed an interest in doing so ...

Brian (FAQ sucker)
'96 Passat TDI

Peter Cheuk

Gasser :P
TDI
'06 Jetta GLI
This has been eating at me for a while now. If no one is doing a high performance FAQ, then I volunteer to do so. Email me at pcheuk@netzero.net since my lame-@$$ ISP keeps killing my email address as used in my profile.

If someone is already covering this, then I can contribute. Thanks.