Power drop 09 Jetta - Normal?

dganio

TDI
2009 White, Sunroof, Spoiler
I have had my 09 Jetta TDI Man. for about 5 weeks. I have noticed that when cruising at 1500-1800 RPMs in 3rd and (less frequently) 4th gears, there is an occasional instantaneous drop in power almost like hitting a small bump in the road. I haven't noticed the RPM's drop when it happens, but it's so quick that by the time I look they may have returned to normal. Anyone else experienced this or have any idea what the cause might be?

grindMARC

TDI
09 Jetta
You're not alone. Look for my thread!

dganio said:
I have had my 09 Jetta TDI Man. for about 5 weeks. I have noticed that when cruising at 1500-1800 RPMs in 3rd and (less frequently) 4th gears, there is an occasional instantaneous drop in power almost like hitting a small bump in the road. I haven't noticed the RPM's drop when it happens, but it's so quick that by the time I look they may have returned to normal. Anyone else experienced this or have any idea what the cause might be?

dganio

TDI
2009 White, Sunroof, Spoiler
Dealer knows nothing of reflash

Took it to dealer yesterday, they looked in the computer and did not find anything regarding an ECU reflash. I read some other posts and found I was "lugging" (I think), cruising at too low a RPM. I "drove it like I stole it" on my way to the dealer and then home. The problem seemed to get worse when I was nearing home when driving around 25mph. On the way to work today, I drove it the same way and it worked like a champ:D, but I was never driving at 25 for any length of time. I'll keep posting any updates.

Harden

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, Black, 6-Speed Manual
are you by chance coasting when this happens, Mine does this occationally, and I believe it to be the ECU stopping the flow of fuel to the engine, then immediatly starting it again. Just a guess though I could be wrong. I've noticed it at highway speeds when coasting in gear down a slight hill.