What happens if we took pre-fix payment and don't fix the car due to poor performance

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
I have a 3.0 in the 2PC group. While the fix hasn't been announced yet for this group, I took the partial payment already. What I've been reading lately is significant dissatisfaction with the SUV fixes already performed. Assuming they have a fix available for my car, and assuming it is subpar pertaining to performance, do I have any legal rights to keep the money and refuse the repair based on the fix truly not satisfying the court mandate as originally stated?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
They cannot force you to get the fix, nor come after the partial restitution.

Not all reports are poor on the fix, FWIW.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Fix the car, take the 2nd half of the payment and at a min tune the car. Or do exhaust and tunes. That's my current plan. They you still have a few grand left over for pain and suffering.

911c4fan

TDI
2014 A6, 2016 A7, 2014A8L, 2014Q5, 2016Q5, 2013 Q7, 2014Q7, 2014Q7, 2013Q7, 2015 Q5, 2016 Q5 Prestige S line
Its just too bad. The tdi is such a wonderful power plant. My Q7s came through the surgery fine. My plan on the PC class is to just drive the hell out of them until late next fall, I mean we have until December. By then, there will be so much more knowledge and tuning experience. I had a couple of chipped 2005 Ford Excursions with the 6.0 liter diesel. With a cat back exhaust, oil cooler, and the inexpensive SCT programming (like $395), they were like rocket propelled school buses. They would whistle when spooling up. I got pulled over by a super nice trooper on the way to the airport at 4:30 in the morning with one of the tanks. He told me he just wanted to see what the hell it was because all he heard was the whistle and the whoosh of air as I passed by the turn around at a decent clip.

I was averse to chipping them initially. I always believed that the factory would make the best decision better power, MPG, and driving characteristics. I was wrong again by a wide margin. It was like you poked a rodeo bull in the %$#^ with a hot iron. I am kind of looking forward to seeing what can be done. I mean I LOVE the PC class cars, but can you imagine a 20% increase in torque and hp and still getting 30 plus MPG? What could be more fun?

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Its just too bad. The tdi is such a wonderful power plant. My Q7s came through the surgery fine. My plan on the PC class is to just drive the hell out of them until late next fall, I mean we have until December. By then, there will be so much more knowledge and tuning experience. I had a couple of chipped 2005 Ford Excursions with the 6.0 liter diesel. With a cat back exhaust, oil cooler, and the inexpensive SCT programming (like $395), they were like rocket propelled school buses. They would whistle when spooling up. I got pulled over by a super nice trooper on the way to the airport at 4:30 in the morning with one of the tanks. He told me he just wanted to see what the hell it was because all he heard was the whistle and the whoosh of air as I passed by the turn around at a decent clip.

I was averse to chipping them initially. I always believed that the factory would make the best decision better power, MPG, and driving characteristics. I was wrong again by a wide margin. It was like you poked a rodeo bull in the %$#^ with a hot iron. I am kind of looking forward to seeing what can be done. I mean I LOVE the PC class cars, but can you imagine a 20% increase in torque and hp and still getting 30 plus MPG? What could be more fun?
240 horsepower/428lb.ft in torque--->339/528, that's more than 20%.