Liqui Moly Diesel Purge

njames78

TDI
2004 Jetta
Hey I bought a can of this stuff on tdiparts.com, and also two of the dycel or however its spelled and one bottle of the standyne stuff. If anyone can give me any feedback on it, how well it worked, etc. I wanna know what to expect, my car has 89K on it, and I have no clue what the service history was, except that I made the dealership change the timing belt, fuel filter, and radiator coolant before I took delivery, since then i have had the Power Brake fluid flushed, and thats it so far, and right now I am using power service in the gray btl. at fill ups. Thanks guys, Nick.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Nick- It really depends on the car. Some folks have reported a noticable difference in the way their car runs after DP is run through. My experience with both tdi's is that I didn't see any noticable affect after running a can of DP. Note that you should only do this shortly before an oil change, as it will get into your oil.

As for the fuel additives, some folks swear by their mpg benefits, and others don't notice a thing. This mainly depends on the quality of fuel available, IMO.