No Cabin Airflow Except Defrost! Blend Door?

VTJoe79

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
Just purchased a new (to me) 2005.5 Jetta TDI and only the defrost works! The cabin fan seems to respond to the speed control, at least in defrost air volume. That is, when I turn up the speed, I hear the the fan get louder and more air moves out of the defrost vent.

But when I select any of the cabin settings other than defrost, I get no air out of the vents. The air coming out of the defrost vent does seem to be the right temperature (cold or hot depending on what temperature I select).

I've done some research and have read a lot on blend door issues, cabin blower replacement, re-circulation fan replacement, and resistor packs. To me, this seems to be a different issue. I'm assuming there is a door and associated motor that lets air flow to vents depending on which one is selected? It seems like that might be the issue.

I've read that I should be able to check and see which motor is malfunctioning and the position of all the doors in the HVAC doors in the vehicle using the VAGCOM tool, can anybody tell me which specific sensor/motor/door to look at? Or just give me any more information on what to look for when before I start tearing into the vehicle? Thanks in advance