Oil pan stuck on!

yseent

TDI
2000 Jetta
Hey tdi'ers,

I couldn't find a thread that dealt with this so I decided to start a post. I just cracked my pan slightly (again!) and aside from the obvious on getting a steel pan or cover, and not being an idiot, I'm looking for some help. I've taken all the bolts out, and the oil pan is officially stuck on. I can hardly get this thing to budge, not even enough to slip in a screwriver in the seams and work my way in.
Yes, I got all 20 bolts(and the 4 that are tucked away), and the 3 larger that are on the side. This thing is on there so good, if there wasn't a small crack in it, I'm sure I'd be fine not putting the screws back in, and driving around (if it weren't leaking).
Any ideas? Suggestions? I just replaced it in august and it wasn't this hard taking it off last time. Peeled off all the gasket-maker stuff on the outside that I could. Thanks!

Abaddon2501

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI Auto
Well since it is already broken give it a good whack with a hammer, I had to hit mine with a rubber mallet a few times to get it loose. You must have done a great job sealing the last one on.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
There's a pry slot on each corner of the pan, 4 total. Put a open end wrench in there and push up. The pan will pop right off.

TDI-TT

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Getta TDI
Ya, its already broken so what are you trying to save? I would have used TNT. HAHA

yseent

TDI
2000 Jetta
LOL. Its actually a small crack and I'm confident I can JB weld it once its off and dry...so I'll save the money for a steel pan/pan cover in the near future.
The open ended wrench did the trick. I knew about those spots and was using a screwdriver...which I couldn't get enough leverage I guess. I knew it was something so simple. Thanks!

Sotam123

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH & AJM
i wish mine was glued on as good as that..just replaced it yesterday and a little leak appearead around the tranny area :(