Sometimes you just have to say ***!

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
CL grand rapids > auto parts - by owner ...
VW Jetta Water Pump & Timing Belt Assembly - $50 (Wyoming)
condition: good
make / manufacturer: VW
model name / number: Jetta
VW Jetta Water Pump & Timing Belt Assembly. Taken out of my 2011 Jetta TDI at about 100,000 miles. Belt still looks good, no cracks or anything and water pump was working fine at the time of replacement.

maxmoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf, 2001 golf, 2000 beetle, 2003 wagon, 2004 golf, 2004 jetta, all diesels
Already broken in!
....kinda like pre-stressed lumber.
Should charge a premium! :D

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
CL grand rapids > auto parts - by owner ...
VW Jetta Water Pump & Timing Belt Assembly - $50 (Wyoming)
condition: good
make / manufacturer: VW
model name / number: Jetta
VW Jetta Water Pump & Timing Belt Assembly. Taken out of my 2011 Jetta TDI at about 100,000 miles. Belt still looks good, no cracks or anything and water pump was working fine at the time of replacement.
Someone will buy that as "proof" that the timing belt was done in a car they are selling... I had a used car dealer tell me the timing belt was done on a car, showed me the old parts. I took it for a test drive, pulled over and popped the cover, timing belt was dry rotted... needless to say I walked away from that car...

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
I knew I've saved some of the old parts for a reason. Now I can recoup some of the cost of new ones.
Yes, about every used VW I see on CL has "recently" had TB "changed/replaced". Never believed most of them but now I may have to reconsider-perhaps some are changed with another used belt!

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Clean the old parts up with brake-kleen, add some black belt dressing to the belt, then shrink wrap the parts in plastic and you have a new kit! :cool:

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Clean the old parts up with brake-kleen, add some black belt dressing to the belt, then shrink wrap the parts in plastic and you have a new kit! :cool:
Sounds Prothe-esque!

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
You mean, you guys don’t buy yours used? I thought everybody did!

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I guess it's just like anything else in our society now days.
ANYTHING GOES! I shouldn't be surprised with anything anymore. Times have changed and not for the better.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How much will you pay me to take it off your hands? :D
You have to wonder what they are thinking. It's sort of like. "I got this worn out________that I'm selling at a really GREAT PRICE !".

Fill in the blank with whatever worn out junk you have.

Last edited:

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
Sounds Prothe-esque!
I live within 10 miles of his Indian Trail/Stallings/Waxhaw warehouse. I'll have to keep a watch on Charlotte CL to see if junk starts showing up here. Explains why he won't let anyone come to pick up parts. Joke, NOT unless an early April fool.

Last edited: