2008 Jeep Cherokee Diesel $6,800

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Same engine as the sprinter. I wouldn't have an issue with it any more than a Jetta at the same mileage.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Its a Jeep = no way
Jeep Liberty = VM Motori motor = No thanks
Jeep Grand Cherokee = Mercedes engine = No problem

Same engine as the sprinter. I wouldn't have an issue with it any more than a Jetta at the same mileage.

Doesn't the sprinter have a 2.7L engine and the GC have a 3.0L?

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like the first gen sprinters had 2.7L CDI's. The newer ones now use the 3.0L.

Last edited:

BlankThis

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI
I have faith in the motor, just not everything else around it. It's not the mileage the would care me, more the badge.

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
You guys talk like our VW's never have any problems.. lol. Older almost scares me more than High Mileage.

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
really thinking of going down to check this out.
Anything I should look for?
Any specific offer I should cap out at? ie: $6000 bucks.
Prob want him to toss in a power train warranty for a yr if possible too!

EDIT:
Just called. It's sold.

Last edited:

fierodough

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle
really thinking of going down to check this out.
Anything I should look for?
Any specific offer I should cap out at? ie: $6000 bucks.
Prob want him to toss in a power train warranty for a yr if possible too!

EDIT:
Just called. It's sold.

Bring an OBDII scanner! if it has a swirl motor error, RUN AWAY!!!

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Bring an OBDII scanner! if it has a swirl motor error, RUN AWAY!!!

Yeah, replacing the swirl motor is no fun, but can be done:

http://www.chirpz.com/swirl/Swirlmotor.pdf

Most people just get a tune that eliminates it. A tune would be one of my first mods anyway, regardless of the swirl motor issue. Just for the performance and fuel economy gains. Or if you just want a cheap fix, there is a resistor mod that tricks the ECU into thinking the swirl motor is working and doesn't throw the thing into limp mode.

I should ask Malone if he does the swirl motor elimination in his CRD tunes. If not, here is the tune I was thinking of getting:

http://www.greendieselengineering.c...herokee&name=Grand+Cherokee+Eco+tune&model=++

Last edited:

Benjamin

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Tdi Jetta Mine, 2008 Jeep GC CRD, 2005 Passat TDi
Those Jeeps have both a Mercedes engine + transmission. The swirl motor can be avoided with a new intake pipe with an updated seal. When I got mine it was easily if not more then half the price of any VW or Audi offering of the same year.

If you get the quadra drive 2, you are also getting better awd system then the VAG cars as it has ELSD in the front and rear, so with the torque split you can have all 4 wheels turning on slippery surfaces. The Q7 and T-reg use the brakes to shift the power between the wheels at the front.

The VAG options have way better interiors and I am pretty sure better MPG's though. My only other worry with the T-reg was the chain driven engines, as VW/Audi do not exactly have a great track record. These are looking pretty good now, didn't want to chance it a couple years ago though.

sidshock

Veteran Member
TDI
alh jetta
Those Jeeps have both a Mercedes engine + transmission. The swirl motor can be avoided with a new intake pipe with an updated seal. When I got mine it was easily if not more then half the price of any VW or Audi offering of the same year.

If you get the quadra drive 2, you are also getting better awd system then the VAG cars as it has ELSD in the front and rear, so with the torque split you can have all 4 wheels turning on slippery surfaces. The Q7 and T-reg use the brakes to shift the power between the wheels at the front.

The VAG options have way better interiors and I am pretty sure better MPG's though. My only other worry with the T-reg was the chain driven engines, as VW/Audi do not exactly have a great track record. These are looking pretty good now, didn't want to chance it a couple years ago though.
Now I wish I didn't miss this deal.
The ad looked "too good" ?
fully loaded, all leather, roof, 4x4, diesel. High milage = mostly hwy clicks. $6.8K only.

Maybe someone got a REALLY good deal.