Chris Farnham (3193) passes away, 3/8/15

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
While I haven't be able to confirm this report, I've been told this morning that Chris Farnham / 3193 passed away over the weekend. My condolences go out to his friends and family. Chris has been part of the forums for many years and while I never met him personally, I've heard many great things and it is always sad to loose a TDIClub member. I also figured many of you may also want to be informed of this sad news.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Very sorry to hear this. He will be missed. Lots of members here have purchased cars from him. :(

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
What?? Wowzer... his last activity on here was on my birthday, this past Saturday, March 7th.

I just tried calling his cell phone and it isn't accepting calls. :(

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Confirmed. Chris passed away last night. :(

Chris was an amazing member of this community, and passionate about pairing great cars with great people. He will be sorely missed.

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Absolutely Crushed......I spent a few hours with Chris when I picked up my new Jetta last month.....I knew he was in a Bad way...But thought he would pull thru.....
He was supposed to start a new treatment program......
RIP my Friend :(

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Awe man... So sorry to hear this. All of his posts always seemed like he was a top notch salesman and a great all around guy. My condolences to his family...

Hyde7278

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GL
Sorry to hear. Never spoke with him but from his posts and other members comments he seemed like a stand up straight guy. To bad there isn't more like him.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
He sure sounded like a fantastic car salesman. There are not many I have met that meet that criteria. The guy I dealt with at my dealership is on par like that. My condolences to the family.

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
Very upsetting news. I had the good fortune to meet him several years ago, and I will always remember my visit with him. He was a great person and a terrific VW salesman. He always treated members here as if they were family. I am New Jersey born and bred, and Chris was certainly a Jersey Guy.
May you rest in peace and my family extends its deepest sympathies to your family.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
So sorry to hear. Our condolences from this part of the world. I'll pass it on to those locally who had interactions with him, all of whom had nothing but great things to say about him.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Condolences to his family.

My interaction with Chris was always 110% positive even when he was not 100% him self .

Tdi club will miss a great resource and the Ho5G will cherish his sponsored TDIfest Banners.

PeterV & Hamsterdiesel

Last edited:

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
Very sad news. I never dealt with him but always felt that if I was ever to buy a new VW, I'd be going down to see him.

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Sad to hear this, he brought honesty and respect to a job that has gotten a bad rap over the years. Most of all, I think he cared more about his customers than just selling them a car. He will be missed.

Prayers for his family.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I met Chris once in '06 when Peter V and I picked up my new Jetta. Chris was charming, cheerful, and helpful. I enjoyed working with him.

Sad news.

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
Always sad when a member of the TDI community is lost to us. Condolences to his family and all that knew him. I had heard his name mentioned in high regard many times on the forum.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Condolences to his family. He will be missed:(. He was a stand up guy.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Yes, condolences to the family. It's tough to hear news of friends and friends unseen of our extended family passing away! Although I never had the opportunity to meet him, I read many of his posts!

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Never met Chris, but everything I've heard is that he was a great guy.

My condolences to his family.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Wow....stunned...never met him, but from all his and his customers posts, he was a one of a kind salesman for us TDI nuts and will be missed by all his customers and forum members-RIP and condolences to his friends and family......

OldWrench

TDI
2005 Passat TDI 245K (1K/week daily driver), 2003 Jetta TDI (413K now retired), 2008 Passat Wagon 2.0 (89K) wifes baby hauler and a GREAT ride, 2008 Four Winds Motor Home...nice
May God bless the family and friends of this man.

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
I drove 5 hours each way to pick my car up from him. I had a ton of issues buying my car in Ma and he got the job done months before I would have gotten a car at home. My trip was so rushed to get back in a car that he got me a dealer tag to drive home with (Ma does not recognize paper tags and he didnt want to risk me driving on one), mind you I did not have the car registered or insured, Now thats a great salesman! He he even gave me a postage paid envelope to mail their Pa tag back in too. I always vowed to go back to him if I ever needed another car. He will surely be missed!

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Chris sold cars for a living, many over the internet to out of state buyers, he had the cards stacked against him as far as maintaining his reputation. Yet, I can not recall seeing a negative post with regards to anyone doing business with him. That says a lot me.

My condolences to his friends and family, may he rest eternally well.

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

I picked this beauty from Chris on February 7th.....He ordered it on October3 2014...
He was really happy to put me back in a TDI.....It was my 4th purchase from him...I took the train to Trenton and he picked me up at the Train Station... he was not well at that time......I was praying for him from then on...... Our lord needed a new salesman...

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Ouch, this is a loss to the club. Chris was a cherished member who helped countless people find the VW of their dreams. He worked tirelessly to please. I never met him, but we PM'd once or twice. Every member who bought through him raved about his service.

Condolences to his family for his passing.

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Sad news indeed! I have purchased 4 cars from Chris, and have to say they were the easiest transactions as far as I am concerned. He will be dearly missed...

Last edited: