Memory seat

russx82

TDI
1999.5 Jetta,2013 Passat SEL TDI
Hello all,
Trying to get the memory seat to adjust by the personalized key setting,the only way it will adjust now is to hold down the memory seat button until its fully adjusted. Is there a setting in the vag-com? If the personalized key doesn't adjust the seat and mirrors what is the purpose of the personalized keys?
2013 passat tdi sel premium.
Thanks, Russ

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I dont have my owners manual handy now, but it is in there on a different page than the memory seats. I remember it being a bit involved...maybe take another quick glance through there. Good luck!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Russ: Key presets are recalled when the key fob unlocks the vehicle.

Lock the car, then unlock it with the key that you wish to program (MFI settings, seat settings, mirror memory), and try again.

Ozium

TDI
1999.5 Jetta, 2000 Golf and 2014 Passat
If that doesn't work you should look at your door locks and make sure they are working right. Do the light come on when you open the door? The VW people have over engineered the system and it won't work unless the door is seen as being open. Had the same problem with my Audi Allroad, the pin on the door switch was rusted out and the seat won't move unless I held the button on the door.