Project MK6 Golf TDI CR Build

jasong70

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Nice work. I'm in Aylmer not far away.

I may do the DPF delete in the near future, but I'm concerned about emissions testing. Any insight as to whether the SAAQ will be emissions testing?

Is it also possible to do just a DPF delete, flash, but keep the rest of the system stock?

Finally got around to posting the entire build pictures and texts on my site...

Take a look:

http://www.osmw.ca/category/2011-golf-tdi-cr/

Will be posting install/pictures of the R&D of the upgraded intercooler this week... I'm expecting it any day now...

maxedtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door DSG
Sweet work! I just wish some of you guys were stateside seems like the most modified TDIs are in canadialand :(

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Nice work. I'm in Aylmer not far away.

I may do the DPF delete in the near future, but I'm concerned about emissions testing. Any insight as to whether the SAAQ will be emissions testing?

Is it also possible to do just a DPF delete, flash, but keep the rest of the system stock?
Hey Jason,

I'm should be signing for a shop off Pink next to Le Plateau this weekend, we'll be neighbors :)

Check your PMs

mamock116

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Are you going to go with the S3 intercooler? It should fit I just dont think anyone has tested it.

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
what are your goals, how much whp / wtq? RyanP (DarkSideDevelopments.co.uk) and Shortysclimbin (Kyle at Performance-diesel.com) both have GTB turbo manifolds, but should have full kits soon. Storx is doing one right now here. EGT is the biggest problem with these engines, and a larger turbo will reduce the EGT's the greatest.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
what are your goals, how much whp / wtq? RyanP (DarkSideDevelopments.co.uk) and Shortysclimbin (Kyle at Performance-diesel.com) both have GTB turbo manifolds, but should have full kits soon. Storx is doing one right now here. EGT is the biggest problem with these engines, and a larger turbo will reduce the EGT's the greatest.
Enough that i need to upgrade the stock clutch. It still holds right now and it annoys me :)

I'm working on a bolt-on turbo kit... To be continued...

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Although it needs you to reuse your stock rubber IC pipes and cut the "clipon" parts off.

The intercooler I have comes with replacement silicone hoses and seems to have slightly bigger end tanks than the S3 piece. Not saying it's better, just different.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Mamock116, ive had the S3 cooler in my wagon for over 5K maybe closer to 10K miles and its great!
I posted on with when i installed it and just said on the scan tool there were gains between mine and a stock jsw. better cool down inebtween pulls and overall more flow then stock at WOT pulls in gears.

i just want some new hoses!!

emeraldhr

TDI
Mk6 Golf
when are you going to be putting some more stuff up?!?! you said the intercooler was gonna be up in a week.. in august! im really looking forward to see how this think is gonna turn out!