question on MP3's

calvins car

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW Comfortline Platinum Grey
Newbie and not a geek question...

I have an 09 JSW with the aux jack in the armrest for MP3 hook ups ....

I want to know if there is a more direct way of hooking it up, and maintaining the charge/ recharge - rather than getting a powerconverter>usb>cable into the bottom of my SONY MP3, and still have to hook it through the aux plug.... I don't like clutter so much...lol...

unL33T

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
Unless you have an iPod I doubt you will find a single cable solution for audio and power. The most I can recommend is hard wiring the USB cable into the car somewhere and running it alongside the aux connector so both cables are together.

wildkitty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Finding out the hard way I can say that... the iPod wire is for an iPod. There are no adaptors or anything that's why (as The Source employee so eloquently put it) it's called an iPod wire.

unL33T

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
If your player has a connector on it that carries both audio and power then you could make a custom cable out of a dock or something.

iPod's have audio, video, data, and control inputs all on one connector and are incredibly popular so that's why they have a one wire solution so easily available. It's nice as far as keeping mess away goes but if you have to charge it and don't have your cable with you, you have to find someone with an iPod cable whereas with other USB-chargeable devices you just need to find a mini-usb cable.