2005 TDIFest Logo/T-shirt proposals

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Gang,

I'm posting what I have put together for the 2005 TDI Fest logo/t-shirt.

I took the back of the state quarter and broke the graphics down. I think it says a lot about what the 2005 Fest area is. Wisconsin is known as the dairyland state and for it's cheese and corn.

I plan on putting the vendors names that donate to the 2005 Fest under the word "WISCONSIN" but above the cow and cheese wheel/corn. I also would propose we put the sponsors there as well.

Any other proposals, post them here. Try and keep the colors to about 4 in order to keep the costs down. I chose Red, Green, Black and Yellow. The red, green and black were automatics in order to get in the TDIClub Logo.

Any other proposals, post em here.

Later,
Jeff

FRONT OF SHIRT

BACK OF SHIRT

red golf tdi

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1999.5 Golf Red
Count me as a sponsor…TDIHeater.com

This is how the Ford Falcon Club did their 25th anniversary T-shirt at the National meet this past July in Kansas City.

Yes, I restore old cars as a hobby....

Terry

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Thanks Terry. Have you down (already did) as a sponsor/vendor. I did this format once before in a previous event. It went over well. Did the shirt layout work well at the KC event?

If those of you I've already spoken as far as vendor/donations go have LOGOS or corporate approved graphics for publishers to put in print, please forward it to me. That way we can have actual logos printed on the back of the shirts. We want to be sure and give everyone credit where credit is due because without your donations, sponsorships and attendance, the TDIFest wouldn't be as successfull or fun!
Thanks, J

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Anyone else have any proposals for the 2005 TDI Fest Logos/T-shirts? If so...please post them here. Please post drawings, sketches or some sort of visual aid so we know what you're talking about. We will probabaly keep this open until the end of April for people to submit. Later, J

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
Hey,

Where is the outline of Wisconsin on the front? You must have it. It is worthless without it. You can have it behind the wording. Doesn't need to be big to contain all the letters.

dieseltorgy

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Hey fellow wisconsin TDI'ers! I don't want to step on anyones feet, but I came up with a t-shirt design as well- I know its a little late, I did not see this thread until recently. I threw it on a shirt in one of my cafepress shops to illustrate it, plus I don't know how to post pictures here. It is technically a 5-color design right now, but could be dropped down to 4 easily if they are to be screened somewhere locally or whatever. Otherwise cafepress does pretty good printing, I have many products from them- and If done through cafepress, I would set at base price with no profit for me obviously. Or we could set up the t-shirt sale proceeds to go towards the event- whetever, I just want to help out!

Here is a link to my shop, then check out the TDI FEST 2005 t-shirt.
http://www.cafepress.com/ryansjunk

Thanks
Ryan (dieseltorgy)
lake geneva, WI

P.S.- I figured to wrap the sponsors names around the thick-lined circle in a cool radiating way on the back...

dieseltorgy

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Thanks, I am a graphic designer by day- and I am always trying to do extra stuff just for fun. I have now done over 20 high volume t-shirt designs in my time, and I have fun doing it. Is there anyway you could post the picture of the back design here as well? Thanks!

jqian

Veteran Member
I am afraid I will have no time to attend the great festival. But may I still get one t-shirt? I live in Toronto. Could somebody mail one to me? I pay for that, of course.

DeafBug

TDI
2001 NB
I like it better than the cow and cheese. (Sorry, Jeff, no harm done.) I like the back of it but the front is too big. I rather have it a polo type style. I am not a fan of splashy or big logo T-shirts. (Actually, I hate them.
)

Of course, jgian, you should be able to order one without attending the Fest. How do you think I got my 2001 TDIFest without attending? I still think it is best one so far out of all the Fest T-shirts. It is simple and to the point.

dieseltorgy

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
O.K., I can do a few different style shirts- including a polo-style shirt with the logo smaller on the left on the front. I am not sure who is in charge of t-shirts for this event- they would need to make a decision to allow my design or others, like I said- I am just offering my services if they are wanted.

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
No harm DB. But this is more like what I was thinking. Although, I'd like to see the back image be larger. However, with the limited on line program, that's the largest it could make it. In case you're wondering..that's all the vendors company names or screen names (if they don't have a company name) on the back of the shirt running down the state of Wisconsin. I also would like to see 2005 TDIFest under the cow and cheese/corn.

Front:

Rear:

DeafBug

TDI
2001 NB
I like it Jeff. Also for kicks, you can have a few shirts with the extra leaf on the cornstalk.

If you are limited with vendor names, you can put the well known to the TDIClub on it before going to the lesser known names. Just a thought.

Another location on the 2005 TDIFest is under the word Wisconsin on the back above the state ouline. But it will be straight, not curved. Maybe in green.

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Thanks for the feedback DB. The vendors are all of those that are "contributing" to the 2005 TDI Fest by ways of donations for raffle items in order to raise money for the web site. I'll have to say, we've got some VERY COOL stuff that will be raffled off.
I also want to put the following along the bottom of the state line (where Illinois) would be: <font color="red"> 2005 TDI FEST </font> and then <font color="red"> www.tdiclub.com </font> in order to promote the web site when we all proudly wear our shirts. Later, J