2009 Jetta TDI 6 speed fix or turn in?

doubledls

TDI
Jetta, 1999.5 A4, black, 2009 Jetta 6 M, black
I have a 2009 Jetta TDI 6 speed with 118.5k miles and I am on the fence as to turn it in, get a 2015 fixed TDI, or the get the 2009 TDI fixed. Any advice on this, the 2009 TDI has been problem free (except for the recalls)

IA DPE

TDI
2009 Jetta (sold back 08/18); 2014 Q5 (totaled 12/19😥); 2013 Dodge Cummins
With the money you’ll receive in a buyback, I would think you could move up quite a few model years with the same or lower miles. Perhaps no worry about a HPFP failure.

My ‘09 w/158k will be going soon. Been a great car but they are paying “stupid money” for it.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
That's a tough decision...

I prefer the body style of the MkV over the MkVI.

But the option of selling back and moving into a MUCH newer vehicle with the MUCH improved CVCA engine as opposed to the CBEA engine would be almost too tempting.

I think if I were still in my 09, I would have to consider the Sportwagen, Golf, or even the Passat. I just dislike the MkVI Jetta body that much.

TDI-WNC

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI 5-speed
My friend had a 2010 Golf the he turned in. It was a simple reason, VW was offering some stupid amount for it. He got almost $19K.

The vet I took my dogs to took his TDI to the dealer as soon as the recall was announced. He realized that if he continued to drive it, and it was totaled in a wreck that insurance would pay significantly less than what VW would buy it back for. As soon as he left it with the dealer he cancelled insurance and turned in the tag to DMV, and it was months before he actually got a check.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
It was nice of the dealer to store it for him. I had to pay for a storage spot in a lot to do the same. (Worth it.)