www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) > Non TDI Upgrades

Non TDI Upgrades A collection of non TDI engine upgrades, but upgrades for TDI vehicles

Old July 22nd, 2002, 20:46   #31
tongsli
Veteran Member

Default Re: Lift pads for Audi TT fit the JETTAS, GOLFS, New Beetles and Passat B4\'s!!

Je,

I don't know what "frame-stiffening rails" you're referring to.

There is a fuel line chase that people mistake for some sort of "frame-support", but your fuel lines run inside this "chase" and I don't recommend using this as a lift point.

Take a look at the "frame-stiffening rails" you think are stronger and see if your two fuel lines run inside of them on the passenger's side.

These dent easily.

Now, the OEM lift points are between the side pinch rails, and the fuel line chase.

Like I stated above, and as you can see in the pic, the OEM lift point where these pads go, sit higher than most anything else you'd use to lift the car, so I would think if you're short of clearance, that these would work very well for you.

Lito
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2002, 16:06   #32
tongsli
Veteran Member

Default Re: Lift pads for Audi TT fit the JETTAS, GOLFS, New Beetles and Passat B4\'s!!

Guess what???

The New Beetle and Passat B4's have the same OEM lift points and plugs/holes that the A4's do.

I installed these today on MBCII's New Beetle, Tomo's Passat(actually Mikey did Tomo's) and on Jacob's Passat.

It's the little things in life...

Lito [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old July 28th, 2002, 04:51   #33
dieseldorf
top post dawg

Quote:
Originally posted by tongsli:
...Passat B4's have the same OEM lift points and plugs/holes that the A4's do.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lito, you're killin' me. As I lay under the A4 yesterday morning installing these things I was wondering if the B4 could enjoy a similar set up.

Thanks for answering and that question and thanks for helping spend more money on cars. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

What's gonna be next with you? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hey, I still have to post those pix for you of my smooth, painted valences. You're gonnna like that!

Cheers!
dieseldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2002, 18:21   #34
u4ea
Veteran Member

Tongsli.
What type of car do you have? Are these visible when looking at the car from the side?
u4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2002, 20:37   #35
tongsli
Veteran Member

Tom,

Stay tuned [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] And, no I hadn't forgotten about your valences. Still waiting...

I have a Jetta A4. And no, these cannot be seen from the side. They actually sit higher than the OEM pinch rails where your OEM jack is placed.

You can see it from the pic at the top of this page.

Why are you asking???

There are a bunch of folks who got them installed this weekend at the Maryland GTG

Morris (2 sets)
Tomo
Jacob
Mikeyworks
SVTWEB

These things are SLICK.

Lito

[ July 28, 2002, 20:42: Message edited by: tongsli ]
Old July 29th, 2002, 13:34   #36
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

What he said! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2002, 04:26   #37
mikeyworks
Veteran Member

Tomo, did you get that last hole straightened enough to get the lift pad in?

Mikey
mikeyworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2002, 04:41   #38
dieseldorf
top post dawg

Lito, there simply is nothing more satisfying than OEM upgrades/mods - - Euro or not!

Did I ever show you my:

Leather boot, leather knob and simple chrome bezel. NICE!
Old July 30th, 2002, 18:28   #39
tongsli
Veteran Member

Tom,

VERY NICE indeed!!! I'd be curious to know what you used as an attachment device once you removed the OEM brass clip that holds the gear shift knob.

thanks for sharing,

Lito
Old July 30th, 2002, 18:46   #40
dieseldorf
top post dawg

Lito, I am pretty sure I just opened it up...carefully. IIRC, I just crimped it back in place again. I know you can get a fresh one from your favorite stealer should that be preferable.
Old August 4th, 2002, 18:26   #41
jtroyce
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46.9 MPG (5.06 l/100 km)

I just did this upgrade today--very nice indeed! Thanks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, can someone just confirm for me that the front body plugs that you removed were different than the back ones? The only place I could find up front that had a hole big enough to accept the rubber part of the lift pad was a thin, plastic plug. The only place in the back was a round, rubber plug.

Is this correct? I don't think I installed these in the wrong spots, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks!
jtroyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2002, 20:55   #42
oldpoopie

well, I finally went ahead and did this. My car only had one of the orriginal lift pad plugs. Oh well. Did anyone else notice the wimpy plastic plugs missing?
oldpoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2002, 08:59   #43
DEZLBOY
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dieseldorf:
When I enter the P/Ns taken from ETKA, 8N0 804 583 and 8N0 803 855, the IMPEX systems rolls over and plays dead ("Part Number not Found").
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">FYI - the part numbers have been entered in the IMPEX on-line system, http://www.vwparts.com. Reminder you order FOUR of each part.
DEZLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2002, 10:50   #44
Ted_Grozier
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 48/44/40 mpg

dieseldorf, can you tell us more about that shift knob and boot? Many thanks, Ted
Ted_Grozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2002, 10:54   #45
dieseldorf
top post dawg

Ted, that's a Roger Moore (vortex) special. I can provide the P/N but I don't know if you will be able to get it here in America. IIRC, he was getting those for people for about $45.