Keyless Start Faulty

TarwheelTDI

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
My new Sportwagen has set a "keyless start faulty" message with an audible tone every 30 seconds. There is nothing wrong with the keyless start but I cannot get rid of the message or the tone. Dealer can't get it in yet and it is unbelievably annoying to drive. Any ideas?

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Scan it and see. Mine got uppity when one of the three antennas was left unplugged . . . hopefully it's something that simple.

- Tim

TarwheelTDI

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Are you saying read the code it actually set? Will it indicate if an antenna is unplugged? Where are these located? Sorry, we are desperate. Supposed to leave on a 6 hr. Trip tomorrow and can't go with the alarm going off every 30 seconds.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
One in each door, and one under the carpet behind the right rear seat, and yes, VCDS told me that it had a failed connection to an antenna . . . figuring out *which* antenna is what brought me to Fred's, a bit over two years ago.

Oops! Enlightened moment . . . sorry . . . just noted you are talking about *start*, my issue was *entry* . . . VCDS will still tell you what it sees as faulted, but I can't help with where things are.

- Tim

Last edited: