2006 Jetta front LH seatbelt wet

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Ok, my second question of the day...

It rained fairly heavy last night, along with some heavy winds. When I got in the car this morning, I noticed my seatbelt was wet. The first 20" or so was dry, but it was wet from my shoulder into the B-pillar. I pulled it out further, and it was still wet, so water was obviously leaking on the seatbelt where it is rolled up in the B-pillar.

Now, I am aware of the sunroof leak issues with these cars, but my headliner is still bone dry, and car was parked downhill slightly...nose downhill...so it seems unlikely that it was the sunroof, but anything is possible.

I did notice however, that the wiring boot for the rear door wiring harness was not seated tight on the B-pillar, and when I pulled it back it was full of water. Before I go and pull all of the trim off the inside of the b-pillar, just wondering if anybody has run into this before? And, is the seatbelt winder/roll located below the rear door wiring harness connection? Anybody know off hand?

Anybody know if that rubber boot be replaced without removing the plug from the end of wiring harness?