Spam problem

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
There is a new spammer on the club. Sent me a PM; obviously a chinesium piece of junk. The user name is MAALI281. Please ban this spammer, and the isp it uses.

Thanks,

Eric

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
There is a new spammer on the club. Sent me a PM; obviously a chinesium piece of junk. The user name is MAALI281. Please ban this spammer, and the isp it uses.

Thanks,

Eric
Yep - I banned that person this morning. Please use the report PM feature if you receive these types of messages in the future. To ban the ISP(s), we would probably have to ban all of Russia and China, which isn't going to happen.

Thanks!

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I received that same piece of spam, I forward a copy to VeeDubTDI, apparently a lot of people got that same piece of spam.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
This is the second time I received this SPAM, once about 2 weeks ago and again today:

MAALI281
Spammer

TDI(s): 1.0t

High quality CAN OBD2 scanner offer
Hi Jetta_Pilot,
Thank you for your time. I am Ella from a big company. We specialize in high quality OBD2/EOBD Scanners that allow users to diagnose their automobiles easily. I am reaching out to you on the possibility of getting an editorial review for our featured Auto Code Scanner on this forum.
This is a portable set of CAN OBD2 scanner with comprehensive functions. It works on most 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles; supports full functions of OBD and EOBD vehicles, such as reading dynamic data streams, clearing DTCs, and detecting oxygen sensors, etc.; with 2.8 inch color LCD, adopts graphical display; can realize data storage and playback; easy to query in its inner powerful storage library of various information; features humanized function menu design with silicone button and sensetive touch key; supports English, French and Spanish. Besides, it is capable of USB2.0 quick online upgrade.
If you are interested in reviewing our latest Auto Code Scanner, please let me know and I will send out a free product for you to review. Besides, I will give you more detailed information about this product and company. Please email me at xiangguoxiangqing [at] gmail [dot] com. Please provide links to the forum home page, and tell me your name on that forum.
Thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate your great assistance for us.
Regards,
Ella