Knurren, My 2003 Jetta Wagon 5 speed

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Last weekend at 193k miles the Wagon Got a new Easy on the wallet front brake set. the originals that were on the car when I got it in 2010 were going grindy grindy... and the slots in the rotors were worn clean off.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Knurren Got new tires and a fresh alignment today.

197,600 miles young. running strong.

apparently it has a sticking rear brake caliper which I had suspected recently. fun times.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Today, 199,907 miles.

Knurren got a new (gently used) pair of Sachs rear shocks. the Used FSDs I bought for the blue golf 6 years ago sprung a leak and puked the shock oil out of the passenger side one.

I know I have no warranty since I bought them used, I figure I got my moneys worth out of them. The Fronts are still working nicely so I wont be replacing those yet.

Knurren also got a new glow plug in Cylinder 4 since VCDS told me that it had a fault on Cylinder 1 glow plug popping up. (yes, the wiring harness is wired backwards for some reason... go VW)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
today, 5/16/14 Knurren hit a few Milestones..

199,991 miles.

200,000 miles

200,002 miles

All on the same trip home from our monthly TDI GTG with columbustdidrivers. tank averaged 46.8mpg. only a little less than Best tank Evar!

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Teary eyed.... Glad to see the milestone. After owning a CC for a year, and a MK6 gti for 3 years, I'm ready to hop back into a TDI.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Monday June 2nd, 2014 200,320 miles Knurren FINALLY got new rear brake calipers, new pads & brake rotors. hopefully these rear brakes last a little longer than the last ones.. 6months is a bit too short...

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Wow, considering mine lasted 15 years, 9 months, and 237k mi... and I'm still on the original calipers... :eek:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
new calipers pads & rotors were only $230 out the door after Core return from Advance Auto parts.. in the box, rebuilt VW originals. I have ZERO complaints.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
I wish there was a simpler way of creating a pdf of an entire thread. lol

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
gotta pay to play. sorry :) Enjoy@!

let me know when you start your own thread so I can post a link to the continuing adventures of Knurren the Growling Wagen~!

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
well... i thought of that, but didn't try it because i was short on time, don't have word on this computer and well, i didn't think it'd work. lol.

i'm going to try to start it tonight with some photos you/i took and whatnot. depends on if the children and the wife and this cold allow me the time later. lol

i'll let you know though.