"New" 2015 GSW TDI S

This_Fuggin_Guy

TDI
2015 GSW
Fresh meat here...

Picked up a TDI GSW yesterday. I got a new position at work that now includes a 1.5 hour commute and my 17 mpg, s6 was killing me on gas. I originally went to the dealer to check out the new alltrack but saw they had a tdi on the lot.

When I inquired about it, the salesperson said it was already sold but she might have another one available. She grabbed a stack of papers, no less than 10 pages thick, each page with about 8-10 tdi cars listed, and for the first 6 pages written in big black Sharpe, SOLD, SOLD, SOLD, SOLD...etc. Each one sold had three even four deposits down. They had one wagon and about four golfs available. The wagon was a no brainer for me. After about a week and a half of them performing the required service I received the call it was ready. Within 30 seconds of the test drive I knew I was going home with it.

As I am no stranger of Volkswagen or Audi, this is my first diesel. Plan on keeping this one a long time. I do have to take it back to get it redetailed, manager said if I'm not happy about how they cleaned it up to bring it back and they will redo it. I'm a bit of a stickler with what I consider a clean car.

(Obligatory new car photo)

SKAAUDIVW

TDI
2015 GSW manual
Nice congrats I secured a GSW also and picking it up in a week. Called about 10 dealers and finally found a combo I liked. Free borrowed money is nice. Like that 95 S6 wagon also. I have a 87 Coupe GT in WIP tho

This_Fuggin_Guy

TDI
2015 GSW
Thanks, congrats to you too. Yeah, the s6 is a blast and I was looking into getting a coupe for a project soon but had to put that on the backburner for a bit. Needed a reliable/efficient car more than another toy to dump money into.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JayOdom

TDI
2011 JSW
I snagged up a white GSW S model exactly like that a week ago. I took it in today to let them replace the fuel filter and used a all track as a loaner. I'm going to tell you I love that all track, but the deal I got on this GSW was too good to pass up.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Got one of those, too. Picked it up Monday.

Here it is with IndigoBlueWagon. The new GSW had 348 miles on it when I picked it up. IBW has 347K miles on it.

JayOdom

TDI
2011 JSW
I think I'm needing to upgrade the wheels, tires and suspension with all the money I saved on this ride. It doesn't handle is good as my MKVI JSW. I'm having separation anxiety from the JSW even though it's still sitting in my garage waiting to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream492

TDI
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI
Sad to see the MKVI go . . .

I think I'm needing to upgrade the wheels, tires and suspension with all the money I saved on this ride. It doesn't handle is good as my MKVI JSW. I'm having separation anxiety from the JSW even though it's still sitting in my garage waiting to go back.
Same here. Just rolled home in my 2015 manual TDI GSW (119 miles), and am still sad to be cleaning out my 2012 manual TDI JSW to get her prepared for buyback. She's got 94k and I'm going to miss that ol' girl. We were planning decades together.

Ted Hurst

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
Looks like I've joined the club and I'll be sticking around here for a few more years. Just picked up my 2015 GSW TDI S 6 speed manual last night. I'm kind of sad because our 2012 is just getting broken in with 80K miles and just did the 80K service. Also, I just bought tires last fall with the goodwill money. I was planning on riding this out till Sept of 2018 but these 2015 model discounts were to tempting to pass up. I wasn't expecting to end up with one but here it is.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I know. I found it amusing. And yesterday when I drove to Western MA to see my son, guess which car I took? Old habits die hard.

Hermitess

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2015 GSW TDI
Omg!!

Took my 2006 Jetta TDI in yesterday for an oil change (at 51,000 miles) and went to talk with the sales person to ask what they were going to do with the new TDI's they still had in stock. Imagine my surprise when the salesman said "Oh we sold three of them yesterday."
Needless to say I was not very happy that they had not called me to let me know they were for sale, as I had been in asking about them for a few years now (every time I brought my car in for servicing or oil change).
Looked on the lot and the last two GSW's were both automatics, one was red and my husband said :mad: No to that one (something about it being a possible ticket magnet), but the other was a beautiful Platinum Grey, so we ended up leaving the dealership with a new 2015 GSW that has all the bells and whistles on it.
The new car is for my hubby, I still have my 2006 (Very low mileage) Jetta TDI and it is still in great shape, almost still like new.

Last edited: