Seat cover recommendations for JSW

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
First road trip with my family and kids in my JSW. Need seat covers!! Pretzel bag dumped upside down , the works.

What are some ok fitted seat covers for these cars? I have the leatherette seats but would like something to prevent crap from falling in between seats, mainly the bench in the back. Also, do not feel like spending 500 dollars.

Thanks and looking forward to hear your recommendations!

eaglekeeper

TDI
2013 Golf Tech 4dr Silver
Good luck finding a rear seat cover but that would definitely work for the debris. If you need to cover the front, whatever you get make sure it's a 'side air bag' friendly cover (if they even exist). I used to always get the black sheepskin covers until I was informed of them hindering the operation of the newer Golf's with side airbag seats then I had to go without. Sounds like 'Google search' time...

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
I was thinking the same, but OP said he wanted fitted. I have this exact unit for my pooches. The felt side is comfortable, mostly water-tight (only opening is to let seat belts through) and keeps crud out from behind the bench. Several backseat passengers said it was comfortable. (I wash the cover regularly and always offer to remove it).

Last edited:

hymato

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta TDI(buyback) Now 2005.5 Jetta tdi
I have coverking ballastic seat covers, they allow the rear seats to still fold down I love them.

Vidgamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI (turned in)
Friend has these, expensive but the nicest you can get. The fit is tight and look nice. http://www.wetokole.com/
I had gotten these. They are pricey, but look good with a custom fit. (Although, I had to customize it a bit to fit the rear armrest.) I eventually removed them as I prefer just using the stock seats, but if I were constantly dirty (like, it's ideal for going to the beach), I'd want to use them. Note that it's harder to reach the seat belts with this on.

If interested, do a search on "wet okole" -- I'm pretty sure I posted photos.

jsmed

TDI
2013 JSW TDI DSG
Friend has these, expensive but the nicest you can get. The fit is tight and look nice. http://www.wetokole.com/
I had gotten these. They are pricey, but look good with a custom fit. (Although, I had to customize it a bit to fit the rear armrest.) I eventually removed them as I prefer just using the stock seats, but if I were constantly dirty (like, it's ideal for going to the beach), I'd want to use them. Note that it's harder to reach the seat belts with this on.

If interested, do a search on "wet okole" -- I'm pretty sure I posted photos.
Don't most of the fitted covers come in pieces for the seat backs and bottoms? I know the OP mentioned fitted, but I imagine most of those options will still allow crumbs, debris and Kool-Aid to go through to the floor underneath and between the seats.

I think the pet-type covers are probably more practical. You can take them out easily when not needed. If you really want to go cheap, how about a fleece throw and a shower curtain liner thrown over the seats when transporting the "little monsters?" ;)

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
I got this K&H for the trunk for my Golden Retriever.

http://www.amazon.com/Quilted-Cargo-Cover-Gray/dp/B004ZJOLBQ/ref=zg_bs_3024184011_8

This cover sits on top of a WeatherTech trunk liner. For added comfort, I put a mover's blanket from Harbor Freight on top of the Quilted Cover a couple of old Towels.

I doubt you would replicate this setup for this for your kids ;) but I have found that investing in the right custom fit cover plus washable top liners work the best.

jay_fyp

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT 2004 Jetta TDI (PD) 5mt R.I.P - 2013 Golf TDI 6mt - 2004 Golf TDI (PD) 5MT
I got this K&H for the trunk for my Golden Retriever.

http://www.amazon.com/Quilted-Cargo-Cover-Gray/dp/B004ZJOLBQ/ref=zg_bs_3024184011_8

This cover sits on top of a WeatherTech trunk liner. For added comfort, I put a mover's blanket from Harbor Freight on top of the Quilted Cover a couple of old Towels.
Being that cover is for an SUV did it fit your JSW easily? Do you think it would work with a golf? I like the price and the idea of it protecting my doors as well. Currently when my dog rides with me, which is often, I have the seats folded down with just a packing blanket to protect, but nothing protects the sides.

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
jay, this cover fits perfectly. It says SUV, but fits the JSW perfectly. I think you *want* it to be SUV size as it comes up the sides and protects the black plastic from my pup's slobber. He loves being in the car, but gets super anxious and licks the plastic unless I catch him or until I tell him to quit it. It's quite comical, but stories for another time.

If I could do it right, I would convince the folks at WeatherTech to sell a digital fit rubber mold with a washable top cover. If I had more time and possible interest, I would custom make covers and sell em here.

Anyway I think it will fit just fine in your Golf. Go for it, the worst thing that happens is that you return it to Amazon. If you have Prime, even better. Happy to meet up sometime and show you my setup in person if you want.

jay_fyp

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT 2004 Jetta TDI (PD) 5mt R.I.P - 2013 Golf TDI 6mt - 2004 Golf TDI (PD) 5MT
jay, this cover fits perfectly. It says SUV, but fits the JSW perfectly. I think you *want* it to be SUV size as it comes up the sides and protects the black plastic from my pup's slobber. He loves being in the car, but gets super anxious and licks the plastic unless I catch him or until I tell him to quit it. It's quite comical, but stories for another time.

If I could do it right, I would convince the folks at WeatherTech to sell a digital fit rubber mold with a washable top cover. If I had more time and possible interest, I would custom make covers and sell em here.

Anyway I think it will fit just fine in your Golf. Go for it, the worst thing that happens is that you return it to Amazon. If you have Prime, even better. Happy to meet up sometime and show you my setup in person if you want.
Sounds perfect, I have a big boxer with droopy drooly lips and also licks the hell out of everything, and the hair:eek: Short hair breed but man they shed! Looks like this could contain the hair a bit more. I was proactive with my MK4 with my boxers and you could never tell a dog was in the car, that's my plan for my Golf. Some people let their cars get trashed, not something I would ever let happen to something that I pay over 25k for, I don't get those people.

A weather tech solution would be great, one with sidewalls. I have the hatch space one for my work stuff and love it.