Tires for Jetta

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2015 sel grey / black interior
What are some of the tires u would recommend for the Jetta that are not oem junk .

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
Depends:

For a daily driver- My top choices:

Michelin Defender 80k miles Long lasting, Excellent overall tire, especially for rain and puncture resistance.

Good to Very Good on light snow
A bit more road noise after 50,000 miles, but keep them rotated, and filled to 35-40 psi and you cant ask for a better tire.

Michelin Energy Saver 60k. You'll pick up about 2 mpg with these, but will sacrifice some stopping distance. 5-8 ft in a hard stop from 60 mph. 'Good' to 'Very Good' handling. Quieter than most hard compound, long distance tires.

The harder the compound, the longer they'll last, but you sacrifice some traction especially in colder weather.

The softer- the more traction they get, but you sacrifice some longevity.

Summer tires aren't recommended for the average driver with "Normal" horsepower vehicles. Very soft and grippy, but downright dangerous below 32 F and in snow. They rely on heat to keep them supple and sticky. Which is good for putting all the power down on a corvette, but not necessary for a Jetta.

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2015 sel grey / black interior
General tires G-max as-05

G-max as-05 ultra high performance all-season. Tire rack the bio look good just looking to reduce road noise and get good mileage also I use winter tires blizzak

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I am happy with Pirelli
Retired P7s early at about 75k
Bought Pirelli P4s 205 55 16 at Sams for 323 OTD
I got T rated for the 90k treadwear vs 70k for H rated