Joined the (TDI) club!

rtking

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
I finally picked up my '11 Jetta TDI with Nav and DSG last night. I had to wait while the car was built since I wanted White Gold with Cornsilk beige interior. The car had all of 4.9 miles on it when delivered, and the first thing I did was to pour in 6 ounces of Redline Diesel Fuel Catalyst.

I traded in my Nissan Altima Hybrid. It was a technically competent and reliable car, and I was a little concerned about the change of vehicles. But the first speed bump I drove over in the Jetta proved to me that it's the better car - much smoother and controlled over the speed bump than the Altima ever was. And since I commute 172 miles a day (round trip, 95% highway) I'm certain the TDI was the right choice.

First mods: Venture Shield clear bra, OEM rear lip spoiler, and Gentex photo chromatic & homelink mirror install.

~Jb

Veteran Member
TDI
the blinding one
welcome to the club, do explain "Gentex photo chromatic & homelink mirror install"

I personally think the Homelink idea is garbage, unless you utilize all the Homelink features, and even so I much more prefer a convex mirror wide angle mirror over anything.

I do agree with you on the Clearbradefiantly helps me enjoy all my MPG with out my car looking like it has thousands of miles.

Congrats on the car though, I really was stuck between White Gold and Candy White, but when my dealer offered candy for less then invoice, my mind was made up.

:)

Welcome,

~jb

rtking

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
Thanks Guys.

The Gentex mirror is one that I had used on my previous car (Altima Hybrid) and was really intended to be used on my Mustang SVO. However, since the Mustang is in a perpetual state of "being worked on", I decided to use this mirror on the Altima.

The windshield button is different on VWs and Audis, so you'll have to get a cam-lock to wedge-mount adapter. Then you'll be able to mount the Gentex mirror.

The photochromatic (aka auto-dimming) mirror is convenient. And the homelink controls are nice since I won't need to fumble around for a remote for the gates in my community, and for the garage door.