How good is millers oil fuel additive for performance

joolstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GT TDI 110 AHF
Just seen that halfords have started selling it at £12.
Its been very hard to get before, And was wondering is
it any good!

joolstdi

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
Fuel. Millers Oil is the brand...

To answer your Q Jools, no idea. Have a look in the Diesel Car forums, might be some info there.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
joolstdi said:
Just seen that halfords have started selling it at £12.
Its been very hard to get before, And was wondering is
it any good!
joolstdi
Have a look on the seatcupra.net site...they have been talking quite a bit about the new miller sport fuel additive.

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
I am in the US so I don't really know the condition of the fuels you have available nor the addative. However I do beleive it is a good bet that you don't need nor will likley have any real gains by using the product.

There are many such products around here and many users of such products. However there is very very little evidence that the products are useful and the evidence that is available would indicate that few people would beneifit from the addatives.

The truth is that the fuels that are available are good and don't need any help. Many of those who buy the products assume they are working because the salesman says so and they would like it to work. The plocebo effect is alive and well.

joolstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GT TDI 110 AHF
It is a sports fuel additive!!

Has anybody here try'd it as the guys on the seat forum are raving about it.

joolstdi

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
So it is a certane booster. "Up to 4 numbers" sounds a little suspious to me. In any case, the question is does the fuel you are now using meet the VW sepcifications for your car? If so there is very little to gain other than a warm fuzzy feeling and a jolt of placibo.

There are cases when the available fuel may be sufficent but a little more may be better. However there are also situations where the available fuel is really as good as the engine can use and more will do absolutly no good, except to Millers Oils profit statement.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Power Service also says "up to 4 numbers" or "up to 6 numbers" depending on which product. They all say something similar.

stevef

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi 110
Ive used it and i dont really think it does owt, I was convinced the car ran smoother at first but maybe it was just placebo its also supposed to clean your injectors and stuff though i went halves on 5 litres with a mate from faster online It was £60 for 5 litres delivered im still using it but have got about 2 years supply, you can put in more than the base measure though and maybe if you do you will m=notice a difference.:)

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Yeah steve try 10 times the suggested amount to just over half a tank full.......and see what happens.......don't pussy foot around with cap fulls........unless your using a baseball cap that is!!:D

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
mojogoes said:
Yeah steve try 10 times the suggested amount to just over half a tank full.......and see what happens.......don't pussy foot around with cap fulls........unless your using a baseball cap that is!!:D
Well the mileage should increase. :rolleyes:

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
I use it in mine - religiously. :D

I got 5 litres for about £50 a while back. It can be had cheaper in bulk. :)

WW_VRS

TDI
N/A
MPG *does* go up by a few mpg, smokes a little less too. Is it worth it? Depends on whether you care about the smoke, cost of fuel, and fuel cost where you live I reckon ;)