Paint code location 02' jetta

dgoods

TDI
02' jetta TDI
hi folks,

I am having the hardest time locating the paint code on my jetta. I already searched for this on here, and found a whole bunch saying it was in my spare tire well. I went out and looked, took the tire and everything out of the well and still couldnt find it, is it paper? stamped? maybe different location? :mad:

-Thanx

jgcassidy

TDI
Jetta wagon, 2005, silver
I think some of dealers do not apply sticker. I had the same problem, the guy tore everything out of back of my wagen - no paint code. I found 2 copies of the sticker in my paper files that I received from the dealer when purchased.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
XXXXXX L041/A1-Black XXXXXX LA1W/1W -Storm Beig XXXXXX LA5W/5Z -Ravenna Blue XXXXXX LA7W/8E-Reflex Silver XXXXXX LA9B/B7-Cool White XXXXXX LB5N/7D-Indigo Blue Pearl XXXXXX LB9A/B4 -Candy White XXXXXX LC6M/T3 -Bright Green XXXXXX LC6X/8Z-Oceanic Green XXXXXX LG3S/7P -Bright Red Pearl XXXXXX LG5V/7W-Galactic Blue XXXXXX LY3D/G2-Tornado Red
I pulled this from a site that sells paint matched spoilers. So far it's been pretty reliable... The listing above is for an 02 Jetta

vwlogue

Veteran Member
TDI
7th VW: 2011 SportWagen TDI & 6th: 2000 Golf TDI
http://www.paintscratch.com/col2002.htm (plate location)

Go to their home page and enter the car make, m.y and model. You'll get this like gforce's list:

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Black L041/A1
Storm Beige Metallic Clearcoat
LA1W/1W
Ravenna Blue Metallic Clearcoat
LA5W/5Z
Reflex Silver Metallic Clearcoat LA7W/8E
Cool White Clearcoat
LA9B/B7
Indigo Blue Pearl Clearcoat
LB5N/7D
Candy White
LB9A/B4
Bright Green Pearl Clearcoat
LC6M/T3
Oceanic Green Pearl Clearcoat
LC6X/8Z
Bright Red Pearl Clearcoat LG3S/7P
Royal Navy Pearl Clearcoat
LG5V/7W
Tornado Red
LY3D/G2

Mike_Van

Veteran Member
TDI
(SOLD) 2010 Golf, 2 door
On my Golf it was in the form of a computer-printed paper sticker on the left-rear of the trunk, visible with the spare-tire-cover removed, but you already checked there. A second copy of the sticker was in my owner's manual/binder, IIRC, in the service/warranty booklet.