Import/Production Numbers

bfalke1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI, Tech Package, 6MT, 4 door - SOLD
Is there a place to find out how many cars their are like ours?

I was reading another thread and one user talked about how rare manual JSW TDI's were, and another said, it was close to half of the JSW TDI's in his area. So it got me wondering...

Here in Houston, my car was a PITA to find (4 Door, Manual, Tech Package, Candy White)... My car actually got shipped from Fort Worth (260+ miles away), as there was nothing like it in Houston - or any closer (which means nothing in Austin or San Antonio as well), in Houston we have 5 VW dealers (I think). My dealership said manual Techs were rare, 4 door manuals were less common than DSG, and combining them was very uncommon. Plus I wanted white on top of that (they had no 4 door manuals w/ tech package in any color at this dealer, and they had 23-24 TDI Golfs).

I am curious if it is really a rare combo, or if it is just not common in my region.

Schubert

TDI
2011 VW Golf tdi 6sp 2dr
What was his area? In Europe both diesels and manual trannies are much more common. I have never heard of anywhere in the US like this... I think it's safe to say that a manual tdi wagon really is a rare beast :)

You have a Golf though, right? I would have liked 4dr but settled for 2dr since a 4dr manual was just too much damn trouble to find. There are definitely very few of those driving around Texas! I think they are pretty uncommon throughout the U.S.

Although also being from Texas my perspective could be skewed.

Last edited:

bfalke1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI, Tech Package, 6MT, 4 door - SOLD
What was his area? In Europe both diesels and manual trannies are much more common. I have never heard of anywhere in the US like this... I think it's safe to say that a manual tdi wagon really is a rare beast :)

You have a Golf though, right? I would have liked 4dr but settled for 2dr since a 4dr manual was just too much damn trouble to find. There are definitely very few of those driving around Texas! I think they are pretty uncommon throughout the U.S.

Although also being from Texas my perspective could be skewed.
I think they were both US, but I would have to find the thread again...

Yes, mine is a Golf. My thought exactly the same, is it a Texas skew, or actually rare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
just my 2 cents but i think the take rate on the row your own is pretty high in the TDI's not sure if there is a way to find out but it seems there are a lot of folks who have a stick

JTRI

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 6sp man
6mt JSW's are pretty common in the Rhode Island area. The local dealers almost always have several on their lots.

MAJSW

TDI
2013 JSW 6sp/Pano/Nav/Tempest Blue
6mt JSW's are pretty common in the Rhode Island area. The local dealers almost always have several on their lots.
Agreed, unless you also want sunroof and nav, then they get hard to find.