www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old August 6th, 2018, 13:06   #16
dborja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dborja View Post
I got a CEL code P2457, as a couple of people here have had, about 5,000 miles after the fix. Dealer replaced the heater core under the warranty. Otherwise, I noticed the shift points are different and I'm only losing less than 2 MPG. No significant increase in DEF consumption that I can notice.

I just got another CEL last month - P026A. They checked for leaks (milky substance on the pan and lines) and found none. They ended up replacing the intercooler pump (? I may be using the wrong part name - my service receipt is at home).

I'm getting a little concerned about what could be next and after the extended warranty expires. I wonder if I have recourse using the lemon law-like provision in the settlement to do a buyback?

Last edited by dborja; August 6th, 2018 at 13:21.
dborja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 06:47   #17
Lex Tdi
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dborja View Post
I just got another CEL last month - P026A. They checked for leaks (milky substance on the pan and lines) and found none. They ended up replacing the intercooler pump (? I may be using the wrong part name - my service receipt is at home).

I'm getting a little concerned about what could be next and after the extended warranty expires. I wonder if I have recourse using the lemon law-like provision in the settlement to do a buyback?
? Why? You got lots of compensation, you got and extended warranty and the only parts in question are parts that can be modified once the car leaves the warranty (and you can go back and find a quality guru that wont throw parts at an issue). Plenty of people here have racked up a lot of miles without issue. Getting a cel code thrown every once in a while is gonna happen.

Cost per mile on this car is already lower than my MKIV because of the compensation. Playing with the house's money.
Thanks to Paramedick (Bruce) for being my local Guru for over a decade!
Lex Tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:58   #18
dborja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Tdi View Post
? Why? You got lots of compensation, you got and extended warranty and the only parts in question are parts that can be modified once the car leaves the warranty (and you can go back and find a quality guru that wont throw parts at an issue). Plenty of people here have racked up a lot of miles without issue. Getting a cel code thrown every once in a while is gonna happen.
Cost per mile on this car is already lower than my MKIV because of the compensation. Playing with the house's money.
I am not trying to milk the system. My point is that, until the fix, our Passat has been trouble-free. Now, two CELs within a few months of the fix. We fully intended to keep this car for a long time - that's why we went for the fix. I understand that things wear out anyway but, as pointed out, a lot of people have gone without issue after a lot of miles so why not on this car? My simple non-technician observation is that the failed items indicate elevated temperatures after the fix. The compensation is not free money IMHO - it's an advance for after-warranty repairs. This may be viewed as playing with house money but we simply wanted a trouble-free keeper car for our long work commute distance and we would have gladly forgone the compensation.

Please, I don't want to start a flame war. Having said my peace, I will refrain from further responses.
Old August 12th, 2018, 03:44   #19
yellowfella

TDI(s): Passat

hi everyone, newbie here.. i have 2003 passat 1.9 tdi sport model.. i recently changed the rear lower track control arm but i did not noticed the sleeve that goes into the hub.. i know you cant buy them separately so i have been to a vw breakers yard but found none.. has anyone come across that problem on here or any help would be appreciated..thanks
yellowfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:39   #20
Fixmy59bug

Fuel Economy: Check my Fuelly Tag for most up-to-date numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfella View Post
hi everyone, newbie here.. i have 2003 passat 1.9 tdi sport model.. i recently changed the rear lower track control arm but i did not noticed the sleeve that goes into the hub.. i know you cant buy them separately so i have been to a vw breakers yard but found none.. has anyone come across that problem on here or any help would be appreciated..thanks
Unfortunately you are asking the wrong group of people.

This particular forum is dedicated to the 2012 and newer Passat which is a completely different animal from your 2003.

You should ask this question in the B5 forum.