VW-Apple Self Driving Vans

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
"In recent years, Apple sought partnerships with the luxury carmakers BMW and Mercedes-Benz to develop an all-electric self-driving vehicle, according to five people familiar with the negotiations who asked not to be identified because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. But on-again, off-again talks with those companies have ended after each rebuffed Apple’s requirements to hand over control of the data and design, some of the people said."

The full story is right HERE.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I can't believe any company would want Apple to take over. Germans seem to be control freaks anyway, but Apple puts them all to shame. I'd not be able to run away quickly enough.

And seriously, given the performance of personal computers, what in the world makes anyone think it would be a good idea to have a massive machine running around with the reliability and safety required of such activities, when the controls are designed by people with that level of expertise? Are you effing kidding me?

Terrible horrible awful idea. As soon as the 1st casualty shows up, then entire corporate structure of the company should be imprisoned and impoverished by fines.

What a brave new world. Still full of stupidity.

Cheers,

PH