seeking new tdi
Post nice pictures of your whips!
want to see nice backgrounds....
city scapes, mountains, dirt roads, water, sunsets, with nature etc

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
whips? Maybe I'm getting old... Or, you're getting ready for the Nov 2 elections...

A whip is an official in a political party whose primary purpose is to ensure party discipline in a legislature. Whips are party 'enforcers', who typically offer inducements and threaten punishments for party members to ensure that they vote according to the official party policy. A whip's role is also to ensure that the elected representatives of their party are in attendance when important votes are taken. The usage comes from the hunting term whipping in, i.e. preventing hounds from wandering away from the pack.

PeeWee

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon, 97 Passat Sedan
Whip from The Urban Dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whip

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the "whip". The whip is what you used to control the horses on a stagecoach, hence the analogy. Many years later, various hip hop artists noticed that the Mercedes-Benz logo resembled a steering wheel. They then proceeded to use the old term "whip" to describe any Mercedes-Benz vehicle. The term has now been generalized to classify any expensive automobile.

j3dixmind5

TDI
seeking new tdi
sweet, is that in brooklyn? obviously it looks like a million places in the boroughs but its gotta be somewhere in queens/bk.

1tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.5 Black
Here is mine if you can call it a scenic shot, I like it so much because the paint looks brand new from this distance. (Binghamton, NY)

scrapen

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
I posted these in a different thread eons ago...taken from my friend. Only two of them tdi's but whatever ;).

ives

TDI
Sold: 2004 Passat GLS TDI Auto Wagon // Sold: 2004 Jetta GLS TDI 5spd
My GLS TDI on it's way from Connecticut to Alaska: :D
In front of a glacier on the 'glacier highway' near Stewart, British Colombia.

Below: Near Slana, Alaska. I think that's Mt. Tom in the background. Taken in September 2010. Driving at around 4,000 fasl. Mt. Tom is around 12,000 or so?

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
Great picture near Stewart! I have a picture of my Dad's BMW 5 series with me in that exact spot.

My GLS TDI on it's way from Connecticut to Alaska: :D
In front of a glacier on the 'glacier highway' near Stewart, British Colombia.

Below: Near Slana, Alaska. I think that's Mt. Tom in the background. Taken in September 2010. Driving at around 4,000 fasl. Mt. Tom is around 12,000 or so?

sydneycb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble posting my pics to this thread. I have a few posted on the TDI Photo Gallery and was trying to post from there but with no success. I was trying to use the insert image button above where I'm typing this message but that didn't work.
Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks

Mike_V

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Taken last November in a remote area nicknamed "Triassic," Utah - if only I had a better camera instead of a point-and-shoot!

Sydney, when you view pictures in your photo album, there is a window titled "Linked Thumbnail;" copy the text from there and paste it into your post. If you change "thumb" to "medium" in the text of the link you'll get a bigger picture appearing in your post.

Last edited:

eb2143

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Definitely the picture I have without the car in it is more scenic, but...Goes along with the road trip theme.

This one's a long way from NH.

Pretty sad when Google maps has a better picture than you:

Kudos for naming location :)

Last edited:

DieselFan1984

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mk4 Jetta TDI
ct to alaska... what a trip!!!!!!

I'm planning a Road Trip from Houston, TX to Alaska this summer myself. Stops are going to be in LA to pick up my cousin, Vancouver, Ketchikan, Anchorage, Fairbanks, Yellowstone, back to LA to drop off cousin and back to Houston.

I'm extremely stoked for this and absolutely CANNOT wait...lol. Expect LOTS of pics the end of summer.