Urgent help needed

Dobeman

Hi guys weeks getting better by the day

Window on pass side dropped track today and
its freaking cold out

Anyone in hammonds plains want to come help me tonight
I need to get this fixed tohigt I got the door skin off/ mostly off
and I need help with the access panel removal.

Pm me if you can come by and help me tonight

Thanks in advance

pozi240

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Galatic Blue
Its a "freebie" fix on all MKIV's with power windows. Get into Hillcrest right away, they will squeeze you in and put the newer style metal clips on the window regulator. The factory ones are plastic and break easily.....this is a VERY common problem on our cars, so common, that the dealer usually replaces them before it happens, since they know it WILL happen eventually....your car must have "slipped through the cracks" and got missed on the update (or you haven't been into the dealer in a while). Good luck! I would gladly offer to help, but I'm in Ottawa right now...:)

Dobeman

Thanks POZI
Called hilcrest and they said No I would have to pay for
them to look at it and or fix it .

Anyway got home from work early and got er done
it took some cursing but I at least got my window up
I think something else is wrong as the motor assy is not holding
the window by itself I currently got the window wedged and next gtg ill have to take it apart again to get the right speakers working again i think I may have put the wires in backwards on reassembly as the right speakers are not working

Thanks

Bmarc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Hillcrest will do it for free. They did mine a couple months ago. My passenger side one broke on the way to Jeffs to install my suspension.

pozi240

Veteran Member
TDI
Dobeman said:
Called hilcrest and they said No I would have to pay for
them to look at it and or fix it .
Woa! Call Hillcrest and talk with Bill, get him to run your VIN, if you haven't had the newer metal style clips installed, it IS FREE. If you have had the metal clips installed already, well, then you are on your own....but from what you described (the window "falling" into the door).....99% sure, the clip broke.

Dobeman

Called hillcrest and they wont do it saying it was goodwill on VW and that the recall only applies in the US and I could take my car there for the recall. And that the goodwill goes back only 7yrs and less than 160KMs'

Then called steele and they said they would do it tues no problems

Can't believe hillcrest wouldnt do it after I gave them 1600$ for my clutch
and they wouldn't do this I will never shop at hillcrest again.

Im pissed......

pozi240

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, I would be pissed too. I bet if you posted this on CustomObsessions, they would change thier "tune"...since I know someone from Hillcrest reads that site everyday (they're a banner advertiser over there). Yes "technically", the "goodwill" thing is only for 7yrs/160k, hence the reason most dealers run the VIN of all MKIV's they get in to make sure the new upgraded clips get installed before it's "too late", but I know most of the guys over there, and an issue like this, they normally come "good" for. I would suggest emailing them directly, once the "right" people read it, I'm sure they will apologize , especially since Steele is willing to do it gratis.......:cool: