Audi A4 b5 Lighting problem.

kaneelschep

TDI
ex-66kw passat, ex-132kw a6. Audi a4 b5.5 tdi 85kw
Hi all.

I have an audi b5 2001 tdi with a lighting problem.
I know this is a vw b5 topic, but it is basicly the same car and I really hope to finally find some answers.. ;)
And the audiworld forum doesnt say a alot these days... :eek:

My dashboard light suddenly went out. After some inspection, all the lights wich can dim in the interior are dimmed to almost off. yet the dimmer switch in dash works fine for the clock and odometer.
Both rear lights and both front city/parking lights (the tiny ones) in the front are off.
There is no power to fuse 22 and 23.
The buzzer for remembering light is on and the green light for light on in the dash do not work either.
When car is off without key and light is still on, only the licenseplate lights work.

This car has the strange lightswitch handle next to the index handle.

For the rest the car has no issues starting or whatever.
I drive around with the fog light as backlight now. Not ideal! ;)

Does anyone have any idea? Or how to test the handle? Where can I find the cable coming from it?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

kaneelschep

TDI
Took apart the light/index stalk. Found the plastic around the pins completely melted stuck the pins. So they cant make contact anymore. I was lucky one of the three pins still worked and gave me part of the lights. So the front.
Ordered a complete working stalk from ebay. Lets see how that works out ;)

kaneelschep

TDI
Still waiting for the set. It got bought a bit later than I wanted. But its been sent.
;)

kaneelschep

TDI
So the new stalk came a week ago. Build it in. And the left parking light stayed on.. always..
So took it out again and made one part out of the new and the old. Basicly swapped the white slider pieces.

Now all the lights on the car and dash work perfectly again like they should. ;)