17563 - Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71): Short to Plus, new sensor????

greg123

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, now Pug 405 TD, later Passat again!
It's not on a tdi (sorry, vw vortex is down or I'd ask there!) but on the 1.6 petrol uk 2001 16v golf, intermittant bad starting issue, scanned it and got 17563 - Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71): Short to Plus

Wondered if anyone had come across this and if it's likely to be just a new sensor as I don't have regular access to the car so will be advising over the phone.

Greg.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
I've seen this when the wiring to the sensor has been damaged.

greg123

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, now Pug 405 TD, later Passat again!
Thanks, I will look into that. With no other sensor/engine issues I'm guessing it isn't a loom earth, so that must logically leave just the sensor or the wiring into the plug/break in the loom. From what I read the wiring into the plug is mroe likely, I guess it gets more abuse and the engine moves/when connected/disconnected etc.

Cheers- any more bright ideas please keep them coming but I think I'm looking at sending him in to have it looked at to test wiring first.

Greg.

Busguy71

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE!!!!!
Just did a search and found this thread, I have the same code and it comes on after a wide open throttle run and it kicks it into limp mode. Where is this sensor? The shop manual didnt say. I replaced the sensor in the plastic intake piping with one from my parts car but I'm willing to bet that was just a temp sensor, didnt change a thing....

'98 jetta, AHU motor

Busguy71

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE!!!!!
ah Ok, that link helped me locate the sensor. I'll swap it with one from my parts car and see what happens. I'll be replacing the N75 next week as well.