For those who have Upgraded to the OEM VW NAVI

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
These are the OEM part numbers for a Mk IV Sat nav to OEM GPS aerial that I used:

Navi GPS aerial connector 000 098 700
4 m length Antenna Wire (what I used on Golf installation) 000 098 655
Triplex Aerial GPS connector 000 098 693

The 5 m length Antenna Wire is 000 098 656

In the factory install the wire run across to the right C-pillar and along the roof rail and down the right a-pillar.

Each end adapter is about 30 cm long.

:)

b554me

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Turbocharged purchased in Costa Rica.
These are the OEM part numbers for a Mk IV Sat nav to OEM GPS aerial that I used:

Navi GPS aerial connector 000 098 700
4 m length Antenna Wire (what I used on Golf installation) 000 098 655
Triplex Aerial GPS connector 000 098 693

The 5 m length Antenna Wire is 000 098 656

In the factory install the wire run across to the right C-pillar and along the roof rail and down the right a-pillar.

Each end adapter is about 30 cm long.

:)
Perfection, thank you for this information!

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Pretty sure our discs (I sling parts at a dealer) come by way of Navteq.
Bumped back from the grave: I was (finally!) ordering a replacement set for my navi last week & was politely told by the Navteq rep that the 7B discs for the earlier Touaregs have come to the end of the road, so to speak. The last update seems to be 2010 & there don't seem to be any further plans for a current update. Has anyone heard anything to the contrary? Regardless; is anyone interested in splitting a set? I only need the left coast stuff my self. Anyone need some East Coast discs?

diesabora

TDI
2004 Jetta GL TDI, Spice Red, 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL
Do you have any pics of your harness that shows where those 4 extra wires go (from the white molex connector)? Or a PDF? Thanks

Iggy

TDI
VW Passat 1.9 TDI 130 PD
Hi everyone. After "years and years" reading this thread, just getting more confused. So, hopefully someone here, can direct me on the right path from beginning.
Trying to install a MFD1 to my 2004 Passat with steering wheel control and full FIS. The problem is, that I cant get radio/cd information from MFD to cluster panel. Steering wheel control working without any problems.
Could anyone help me to sort it out?

NAV HW 1002/36416
STAMP : Mar 10/2003.

Thank you.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Have you softcoded the MFD1 to have "second display" as one of the options?

Same place where you code it to say there is a CD changer attached etc.

Iggy

TDI
VW Passat 1.9 TDI 130 PD
Have you softcoded the MFD1 to have "second display" as one of the options?

Same place where you code it to say there is a CD changer attached etc.
No, I did not. Could you explain me how to do this and which code do I need please. Thank you.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
VAGCOM

-56- Radio

Function -07-

xxxx?: Configuration
+0 - Radio with passive antenna
+1 - Active Antenna
+2 - CD-Player/Changer
+4 - Second display in cluster

So you have to add +4 to the final code number to activate the feature.

You may also have to add +16xxx to the instrument cluster -17- softcoding if just changing the radio doesnt work

Iggy

TDI
VW Passat 1.9 TDI 130 PD
VAGCOM

-56- Radio

Function -07-

xxxx?: Configuration
+0 - Radio with passive antenna
+1 - Active Antenna
+2 - CD-Player/Changer
+4 - Second display in cluster

So you have to add +4 to the final code number to activate the feature.

You may also have to add +16xxx to the instrument cluster -17- softcoding if just changing the radio doesnt work
I checked codes. ECU coding for Radio showing 00004, so I need to change to 00008? Cluster code 21415, so do I need change this to 37415?

Last edited:

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Cluster coding 21xxx already includes +16 , so thats okay.

Do you have a D or G version MFD1?

If you have a G then you also need the TMC box to get second display.

Iggy

TDI
VW Passat 1.9 TDI 130 PD
Cluster coding 21xxx already includes +16 , so thats okay.

Do you have a D or G version MFD1?

If you have a G then you also need the TMC box to get second display.
How to recognize G or D?

VE1.9

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLX 5spd
Does anybody remember the procedure to get US maps to work with the MFD navi for the first time? It was on the VWNavi forums, but that site has been down for like 2 years now. I remember something about copying one of the nav CDs to your computer and editing some files to create a "special disc" to be inserted one time that would allow the MFD to work with US maps. If anybody has this info, please let me know either here or send me a PM.

I've had this setup working in my Jetta for a couple years now, but I didn't have to make a special disc for that one because the person who sold me that MFD had already gone through the procedure to make it work with US maps. I got another MFD navi for my R32 and it says the CD is incompatible, so this one needs the special disc and I don't know how to make it.

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Does anybody remember the procedure to get US maps to work with the MFD navi for the first time? It was on the VWNavi forums, but that site has been down for like 2 years now. I remember something about copying one of the nav CDs to your computer and editing some files to create a "special disc" to be inserted one time that would allow the MFD to work with US maps. If anybody has this info, please let me know either here or send me a PM.

I've had this setup working in my Jetta for a couple years now, but I didn't have to make a special disc for that one because the person who sold me that MFD had already gone through the procedure to make it work with US maps. I got another MFD navi for my R32 and it says the CD is incompatible, so this one needs the special disc and I don't know how to make it.
There was a procedure like that. I made one to load my discs, then loaned it to a guy who never got it back to me. Not sure what version discs you're planning on using but iirc, the latest updates from NavTeq no longer requires that extra step. Of course, the latest updates are quite a few years old now, but I guess it's better than nothing...

I'll have to do some digging to see if I saved that procedure in a file somewhere.

VE1.9

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLX 5spd
There was a procedure like that. I made one to load my discs, then loaned it to a guy who never got it back to me. Not sure what version discs you're planning on using but iirc, the latest updates from NavTeq no longer requires that extra step. Of course, the latest updates are quite a few years old now, but I guess it's better than nothing...

I'll have to do some digging to see if I saved that procedure in a file somewhere.
I'm using version 4B discs. Let me know if you happen to find that procedure.

VE1.9

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLX 5spd
VE1.9: In the first post on this thread there is a list. The third member on the list is who you should send a pm to.
I sent him a PM the same day you posted. Haven't had any luck with a response. If there's anybody else who might have saved this procedure, please let me know I'd really appreciate it.

thebaz67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A7
I know this is a long shot, does anyone have a list of the 4 needed wires (Gala, K Line, Lights, and S contact) in a 2005 Jetta. I pulled the Plug and play harness from my Passat and am moving it to a Jetta. I have the Pencilneck harness just need some help on the 4 wires.

thanks
Basil

Norwescan

TDI
2002 Audi S4 Avant V6 TDI 2.5L 180hp
Heya, I need to know the trick to this special disk. I have a factory installed MFD and I admire the efforts of everyone retrofitting MFD SatNav to other models.

I am a proud owner of a 2003 VW Sharan Tdi 4Motion 6 speed manual 7 seater van. I’ve always wanted my 1997 Vento AHU Tdi in a Minivan and nothing better than one already built for me. I bought this van while on vacation April 2018 in Würzburg DE and I put 4,000 kms while in EU. My Sharan has arrived in BC Canada.

In the past, I use Navteq DX disks for Mercedes COMAND 2.5 or 2.0 (pre 2003) CD satnav disks and it works for my son’s Audi A4 Avant Tdi Quattro 6 speed manual with RNS-D that I brought home from Germany.

Next question is how do we get the tuner frequency to receive North American radio.

VWDOBIE

TDI
02 Golf 222xxx
I know this thread is pretty dead but would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for getting the maps to work for US or what disc are compatible with the MFD system without Modification?

I have a D-unit (No TMC-MFA) with everything wired up and have a Teleatlas Belfast disc so I can view the satellites and change settings. I have tried the Touareg map for the midwest but that didnt work.

Any help would be appreciated, I just want the navi to at least show the local US maps for my region (even if the maps are outdated).

mikefny

TDI
2002 Golf
I know this thread is pretty dead but would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for getting the maps to work for US or what disc are compatible with the MFD system without Modification?

I have a D-unit (No TMC-MFA) with everything wired up and have a Teleatlas Belfast disc so I can view the satellites and change settings. I have tried the Touareg map for the midwest but that didnt work.

Any help would be appreciated, I just want the navi to at least show the local US maps for my region (even if the maps are outdated).
I'm in the same boat right now. Can anyone lend a hand to us?

Maxritmo

TDI
mk4 1.9 tdi 81kw
hello ... I am aware that many years have passed but maybe someone can help me, has anyone installed a rear camera on an mfd (vers.d) navigator? I have an a / v interface I connected everything but there are 2 problems ... the video is not stable (pal / ntsc I think it is the problem) and the "aux" screen appears without seeing the video ...

I managed to set the interface on ntsc (desoldering a wire into interface) ... now the rear camera has a stable image (unfortunately in black and white) but at least it works ... the problem remains the wire "mute" (when I put the gear in reverse of course) ... which if connected takes away the image of the screen... if I unplug it, the image works but the music does not mute and therefore the "beeps" from the parking sensors cannot be heard

there is to be done some coding via vcds?or can some particular connection be made?

thanks!

Dirk_tadango

TDI
R32
Hello, I’m new so please forgive me. I’m in a bit of a predicament. About 2 months ago I purchased a 2004 MK4 R32 and it has a MFD1 GX navigation installed. Well, obviously this wasn’t an option in the states, so the previous owner did an “upgrade” mod or whatever. Anyway, when I first got the car it had a disc in the unit and navigation worked. Well, I took it to the shop and the disc mysteriously disappeared. So now I have no disc and have no clue what discs are compatible or the most recent. From my research, I assume it’s a touerag 7b disc, but I’m not positive. Can anyone help me please? Thank you.