Oh Joy

ABS

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT
So although its been cold as heck lately, to this point the snow has primarily fallen on weekends. Woke up to a few inches of fresh stuff this morning. I love the first commute on snow packed roads. ;)

Cheers,

Aaron

tc1uscg

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD TO VW
Yeah, we got some of that white stuff last week. Prompted me to look for 2 sets of tires, one for the Passat and replacement for the jeep. Jeep was a no brainer, put some Goodyear Duratrac's on it. It's a 09 Liberty (lifted) so I put some 235/65 16's on it. Thinking of going wider next time around. As for the Passat, was going to put a set of Michelin IX-3's but dealer is selling the Continental ExtremeWinterContact
on steel wheels (but in the 16's size) for 950.00 That's about what I was going to end up paying for the Mich's at Discount tire just for the tire. Then guess I just go back in the early spring and they switch them back to my normal tires. So, those should be getting installed Friday. Car's in the shop getting some rocker panel dents fixed (long story).

ABS

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT
Yeah, we've had about 6-8 inches so far this season prior to today (another 4 so far since early this morning), but my commute has been clear up until today, which was the first day this season to deal with the snow pack. I hear ya, nothing like the spring & fall tire/wheel swap for those of us in the "snow belt". 16" Jetta steelies can be had pretty cheap on Craigslist (occasionally ebay) if you can find some. May save you a few $$... I do sympathize with those south of Buffalo, NY and the UP of Michigan after they were whooped by lake effect last week. Tires don't mean much when your measuring snow in feet, not inches.

Confused

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium 2006 Jetta TDI
I will be heading down 35 shortly. Hope the roads are better then this morning.

ABS

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT
I hope yours was better than mine. 86 miles in 1hr 52 minutes... Normally 1 hour 18 min. I heard 35 was a mess this morning! A colleague had to drive from home in Mankato to our corp. offices in Bloomington, he said it was 3hours this morning, most of that spent on 35. Upon arrival at home, I found we had 11 inches of new snow... :)

Confused

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium 2006 Jetta TDI
Drive wasn't horrible. Down to Clear Lake IA and back. Roads were worse in IA but still driving the speed limit (or a little more)