GTG in Western SC or NC soon?

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
:)Hello guys just wanted to check to see if anyone has plans to have a GTG around here? Miss you guys

Aztraveler

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold 2014 Jetta back to VW in 2016. In Oct 2020 Bought 2015 Passat TDI SE CPO
Usually a GTG near Columbia SC, after the first of the year. It has not been announced yet.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Does Dan still have is two GTGs a year in SC?

Aztraveler

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold 2014 Jetta back to VW in 2016. In Oct 2020 Bought 2015 Passat TDI SE CPO
At this point they have not been announced. Dan usually has one in the first quarter on the year. BiJoe usually has one in the summer.

That's all I know. Info purely based on past history.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Agreed with all above. Dan usually has one sometime in January.

Though I've not been to a gtg in awhile due to my job, working weekends and all. But now I have a new job where I get weekends off...so you'll be seeing me more I'm sure. And I got a few friends who don't really know about this gem of a site...so they might be joining as well. Actual VW techs too...so that could be helpful!

I'm jonesing for a gtg though...

JasonG

Veteran Member
TDI
1994, 2003 JSW (sold), 2012 Jetta
Yeah,I missed Daniel's due to the Jetta being in the Body shop. I couldn't bring myself to show up in a rental civic.

rkovacs

TDI
Black 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon
Maybe we can get Andrew (fixmyvw) to open up his place again for a GTG, mid spring? I will bring my tools and expertise.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I'd like to attend Dan's GTG in January!

I started to head that way last January in the snow but turned back ........ real bummer!

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
I do not get on here too much but did speak to DanG a month ago. Unfortunately he will be unable to have a GTG this winter. If anything changes, I am sure he will let you know. I wanted to share this info with all those still out there wondering.

Merry Christmas!

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
I do not get on here too much but did speak to DanG a month ago. Unfortunately he will be unable to have a GTG this winter. If anything changes, I am sure he will let you know. I wanted to share this info with all those still out there wondering.

Merry Christmas!
Thanks. I have been to two of his and they are great. Hope Dan is doing well

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
I know he's busy , his mailbox has been full for a long time...

I heard that he is dealing with a few things or let me say he juggling a few ball in the air...I'll let it go at that.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Get well Dan. Is there anyone else who is open for a GTG?

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Yes looking forward to something. I have one in April (wookies in the woods) for my R32 but definitely want to get something for my tdi fix :)

Georgia_Boy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I'd be up for a GTG if it's on a weekend my wife is working. Wish y'all were having one next weekend. I have to be in Wilmington next Thursday and Friday for work.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I would most likely attend something in western NC or as far as Dan's place in SC.

dislexicmofo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI GLS
I know he's busy , his mailbox has been full for a long time...
I heard that he is dealing with a few things or let me say he juggling a few ball in the air...I'll let it go at that.

Hope everything is alright, I had a good time and a nice hole in my wallet after the last one I went to, I think it was last year...

dislexicmofo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI GLS
Would anyone want to hijack a Caffeine and Octane spot once the weather warms up a little? They are every first Sunday of the month in Alpharetta, Georgia.

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
Firm date March 14th.

I Looking at doing a GTG in the next couple of months. I was at a dyno shop yesterday and they are open to a GTG on a saturday. They will open up their shop and their dynojet 225 for us. They will give great discounts for the club. Of course you don't have to get a dyno text to come.
I would have a BBQ and lots of room to park and enjoy our cars.
The location would be in Covington Ga. east of ATL about 40 miles. This is where they filmed the TV series "Dukes of Hazzard".
If there is an interest for a GTG in February or March. Let me know. I will start a new thread for this GTG.

Last edited:

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
I Looking at doing a GTG in the next couple of months. I was at a dyno shop yesterday and they are open to a GTG on a saturday. They will open up their shop and their dynojet 225 for us. They will give great discounts for the club. Of course you don't have to get a dyno text to come.
The location would be in Covington Ga. east of ATL about 40 miles. This is where they filmed the TV series "Dukes of Hazzard".
If there is an interest for a GTG in February or March. Let me know. I will start a new thread for this GTG.
I would come to a gtg then if my schedule allows. I actually will be in Atlanta for business a week in February if it could fall the same weekend.

dislexicmofo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI GLS

I would certainly attend, post a link to your new thread here so I can follow as this develops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk