Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
I just saw that I'm still a "newbie"?? After being on this site for a year and a half, changing my timing belt & water pump from the info from this site, when am I no longer a noob? ...tough crowd :)
You have 20 posts so far. You move through different levels based on participation, not how long you have been a member.

Find a topic or thread you are passionate about and share, and you will move to member soon.

ChiTownPilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI + Premium
Or find a topic or thread you are not passionate about and make random comments to build up your street cred... This forum gives out participation trophies... all posts count the same regardless of usefulness :)

Last edited:

RedBug

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle Convertible - sold back
Not on the spread sheet....
2014 Beetle Convertible
Signed up 9/7
Uploaded paper work 9/24
Reviewed 10/21
Offer letter received 11/22, offer received 35 min ago.
Financed through VW with outstanding balance.

Kerosene Burner

TDI
2006 Passat TDI sold, 2009 Jetta TDI sold, 2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium Plus
I was told, by VW, that they are no longer promising a time frame for buy-back offers. They discovered that they were unable to meet the 10 and 30-day timeline they had promised and currently are not provide an estimate.
Thanks for the information, I wonder how the courts will view this? The more they delay, the more miles we rack up, the less they pay, hummmm.

johnmharte

TDI
2013 JSW TDI - 6MT/Nav/Pano
I downloaded a copy of the spreadsheet again this morning at 6:50am EST.
It looks like, by my sorting offline, no one has gotten an offer to notarize and return since 11/17 and 11/15.

The Notary return day sort looks like this for the last few lines:
11/16/16
11/16/16
11/16/16
11/16/16
11/16/16
11/16/16
2016-11-17

And last eligibility offers received looks like this, last one gotten on 11/16.
11/15/16
11/15/16
11/15/16
11/16/16
11/16/16

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I received an offer this morning and put it in the spreadsheet, but probably about 10 minutes after you downloaded it.

DieselFarm

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Notary upl load on or after 11/17?

I downloaded a copy of the spreadsheet again this morning at 6:50am EST.
It looks like, by my sorting offline, no one has gotten an offer to notarize and return since 11/17 and 11/15.

The Notary return day sort looks like this for the last few lines:
11/16/16
11/16/16
11/16/16
11/16/16
11/16/16
11/16/16
2016-11-17

And last eligibility offers received looks like this, last one gotten on 11/16.
11/15/16
11/15/16
11/15/16
11/16/16
11/16/16
Looks like all of us who uploaded a notarized agreement on or after 11/17 with no liens got put on the back burner.

sclevine

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG
I got my offer letter today. Tried to open the spreadsheet but getting error 'too many requests'. Will try again later.

dmanb2b

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta, 2011 335D
Thanks for the information, I wonder how the courts will view this? The more they delay, the more miles we rack up, the less they pay, hummmm.
Can we stop with this stuff? If you drive 12.5K miles/year or less your payout does not change. If you happen to drive more, it's the cheapest mileage/depreciation rate you will ever pay for to use a vehicle. If your car is parked, your payout may actually increase.

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
I think the spreadsheer needs two more columns.

1) Buyback transaction complete.
2) Money Received from VW.

Based on the first buyback, there's still an opportunity for VW shenanigans in those steps.

RR

TDI
just looking to purchase
Vw denies that having it paid off makes any difference in buy back but I sure see it. Makes sense as well since if you are paying VW a monthly payment they have no incentive if you ask me. Sure you perhaps re-coop at turn in time but factor in some will get totaled (they gain $) and if you are a high mileage person like me you exceed the allowed mileage and the reimbursement rate drops (they gain $). Also if you have to repair the car they make $$$ on top of that. I honestly am walking away from another VW. There are plenty of good high mileage cars out there and I don't see VW giving previous owners any great incentives so far.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
The spreadsheet shows a slightly higher percentage of VW-financed cars with offers than privately-financed cars (and a much higher percentage of leased cars than either), and VW has absolutely no reason to delay privately-financed cars. OTOH, there is absolutely more processing involved in a financed car (of any flavor) than one that's owned outright.

So, I guess you can believe one of two things: (1) processing 200+k financed cars is inherently going to take longer than processing cars that are owned outright, or (2) VW is deliberately slowing down processing of financed cars, including cars that are privately financed, to generate another couple of months' interest at 3% or less (or possibly even no interest, since at least some of their loans are at 0%) on less than half of those cars. Any of the other reasons you mention would apply equally to cars that are owned outright.

tonymtdew

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
If you are financed through VW Credit, there is a payoff section and you can view any Payoff Request History to see if anyone inquired about a payoff amount in the last X amount of time.

I am curious for those that received their offers and are financed through VW - do you see anything on this page? My docs were approved 3-4 weeks ago yet I haven't seen any requests show up there.

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Not sure if anyone on here can modify the spreadsheet but after doing my buyback today, I would add some columns

Date Email received from CHASE if EFT selected
Date Funds posted to account if EFT

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Not sure if anyone on here can modify the spreadsheet but after doing my buyback today, I would add some columns

Date Email received from CHASE if EFT selected
Date Funds posted to account if EFT
You would have to go chase down UncrunchyTaco on Reddit to make that suggestion. There is a 'comments' button on the upper right of the spreadsheet where you can suggest that..

Eggieztdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Man. 2015 TDIs
You would have to go chase down UncrunchyTaco on Reddit to make that suggestion. There is a 'comments' button on the upper right of the spreadsheet where you can suggest that..
I can talk to him about it. We've been bullspitting a little bit regaurding the spreadsheet.

DFWJason33

TDI
'15 Jetta TDI, '17 Tiguan
If you are financed through VW Credit, there is a payoff section and you can view any Payoff Request History to see if anyone inquired about a payoff amount in the last X amount of time.

I am curious for those that received their offers and are financed through VW - do you see anything on this page? My docs were approved 3-4 weeks ago yet I haven't seen any requests show up there.
The answer is no, I received my offer yesterday and have been checking the VW Credit payoff quote history screen every day and there has been no documented activity, so it's all done behind the scenes.

tonymtdew

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
The answer is no, I received my offer yesterday and have been checking the VW Credit payoff quote history screen every day and there has been no documented activity, so it's all done behind the scenes.
Thanks - I am not sure if I should feel good about this or not!

mc130fox

TDI
2014 TDi JSW
The Upside-Down...

Upside-down loan people.

I am upside-down on my loan (at a credit union). Without any proof, I suspect this is the reason I have not had an offer yet with my documents being accepted on Oct. 25.

From the PARTIAL STIPULATED ORDER FOR PERMANENT INJUNCTION AND
MONETARY JUDGMENT
, pg 21, Section VII, para. G(1):
Upon submission of an Eligible Owner’s complete and valid claim
application pursuant to Section XIII and surrender of all right, title,
and interest in, and possession of, an Eligible Vehicle to an entity authorized
by Defendant, Defendant shall pay that Eligible Owner’s lender the full
amount required to pay off the outstanding Loan Obligation for the
Eligible Vehicle, excluding any portion of the Loan Obligation that
becomes delinquent after June 28, 2016 (and any related costs and fees) or
any portion of the Loan Obligation, including new loans, incurred after
June 28, 2016, up to 130% of the total compensation due to an Eligible
Owner pursuant to Subsections D or E. If the amount paid to the lender by
Defendant under this provision is not sufficient to satisfy the outstanding
Loan Obligation, the Eligible Owner must, at the time of the transfer of
ownership and possession, pay any remaining balance of the Loan
Obligation required to transfer all interest in, title to, and ownership and
possession of the Eligible Vehicle to Defendant to elect the Buyback.​

I will be using all of the 130% to pay off my loan.

Perhaps this should be tracked on the Buy Back Spreadsheet as well?

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I can talk to him about it. We've been bullspitting a little bit regaurding the spreadsheet.
Can you also ask him to add a section for days lag from notarized offer uploaded to acceptance/ability to choose turn-in date? Seems this stat has changed from 1-4 days to something much longer ...

RedBug

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle Convertible - sold back
Not on the spread sheet....
2014 Beetle Convertible
Signed up 9/7
Uploaded paper work 9/24
Reviewed 10/21
Offer letter received 11/22, offer received 35 min ago.
Financed through VW with outstanding balance.
Notarized and uploaded 11/23...

Waiting....

Mike.

TDI
2011 Golf - Returned to VW
Notarized and uploaded 11/17.

Waiting....

I am thinking they redirected all people working on this final piece to other areas and are not scheduling anybody for a date at this point. If you look about 100 people have uploaded and notarized and now what was the only quick part of this process is stalled.

You would think they would want to get some people out of the queue and finished but it does not seem to be the case.

I know this is a 3rd party handing this but either VW contracted a company who is unable to handle to workload or VW is only paying for a limited number of people and the process is a bottle-necked.

Mike.

TDI
2011 Golf - Returned to VW
I just got an email to select a date to return my Golf. I uploaded my notarized offer on 11/17. The soonest date I could schedule was 12/13. This is good news for me since my registration expires on 12/15.

My dealership is in the Boise, ID area. It looks like they are scheduling four buybacks a day at 10:00,11:00, 1:00, and 2:00. They are doing them on Tues/Weds/Thurs/Sat. I am not sure if all dealerships will be following this schedule but this is what I was offered.

When you schedule your appointment I was given a Odometer Disclosure Statement, Limited POA, and a checklist. On the checklist I was told to bring the following:

1. Photo ID of each registered owner
2. Photo ID of each listed title holder (if applicable)
3. Notarized POA for titleholders (if applicable)
4. The car with matching VIN
5. Transferable Title (if applicable)
6. Certified Check (if applicable...if you owe VW money)
7. All keys and key FOBs
8. Remove personal items

One interesting thing is under "remove personal items" it does mention the car will be transported and Volkswagen will not be able to access personal items.

kfosburg

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4 door, Graphite Blue, 6 speed, Sunroof/Nav
Notarized documents uploaded morning of November 21, 2016. No update since :-(

Karl

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Notarized and uploaded 11/21

Still waiting as of 11/28.

Although I know 11/24-11/27 were dead days thanks to Thanksgiving.