Loooking for TDI guru in Chicago land ?

pmich

TDI
2002 golf tdi
Can some one recommended a good TDI wrench in the Chicago land area?

I live in Aurora,IL and need a second opinion on replacing my head gasket on my b5.5 Wagon. I was told by a local VW shop (not a dealer) that it was leaking and needs to be replaced at the tune of 1,0000....

From What I know and can tell, I see no signs of a leaking or blown gasket, but I'm not a pro.

pm

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
Jasontdi here on the site is my mechanic of choice. He's near Madison,Wi though but he is definitely worth the time and the drive.

oswegoPD

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TSI, 2013 Passat 6M sold, 2012 Jetta Premium DSG sold, 2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold)
I just got back tonight from my third pilgrimage to Jason TDR. Previously, I used him for a timing belt/cam, annd suspension work. This time for a clutch. He is well worth the drive. Feel free to PM me.

Eric

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
To the OP I simply cannot say enough good things about Jason. What was supposed to be a simple repair for him to do turned into a 2 hour repair because I asked him a question about my cars coolant usage. That caused Jason to find a faulty water pump. Jason replaced the water pump under warranty because he had replaced it when he did my timing belt and no charge for the extra labor. I have many more testimonies I could share if interested drop me a pm.
Eric it must be you I met at Jason's shop today. It was good to meet you.

Last edited:

vwauditek25

TDI
Volkswagen Master Technician
Can some one recommended a good TDI wrench in the Chicago land area?

I live in Aurora,IL and need a second opinion on replacing my head gasket on my b5.5 Wagon. I was told by a local VW shop (not a dealer) that it was leaking and needs to be replaced at the tune of 1,0000....

From What I know and can tell, I see no signs of a leaking or blown gasket, but I'm not a pro.

pm
Please feel free to come down to my dealer for a second opinion. Inspections are free and if anything is found we will work with you on a fix.

Alan @ VW of Crystal Lake
Unitronic authorized dealer

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I'd second the second opinion....The leave a bit of oil near the head gasket where the electronics from the injectors goes in. It drools out and down, then across the head gasket looking like a leak.