TDIs in Rochester, NY Area

Metalhead

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Got a nod from a guy in a gray mk6 Jetta TDI on 590 south this morning.

I'd possibly be interested in buying a skidplate.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Wow-almost 5 months since a post.... saw a bunch today in Rochester- I think 3 in the Petsmart plaza on Jefferson Rd. alone-

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Rare sighting-B4 Storm Grey Passat sedan heading west on 33A past the Churchville Moose Lodge around 10:45am this morning-I was headed east in work truck-also saw a gray MK6 4dr. Golf TDI-I think it was Lake Ave. north of Ridge,but not sure.

Uker

TDI
09 Jetta TDI Sedan - Grey
Just got back from Sutherland Auto service in Pittsford. CANNOT talk them up enough. They solved a problem 3 other dealers failed to identify or fix and did a great job on my alignment.

ejg3855

Veteran Member
TDI
1Z
oh I do. gttdi goes under the knife for all wheel drive swap so hopefully its back for 2014

excuse my grammer, Google thinks it knows what I want.

Uker

TDI
09 Jetta TDI Sedan - Grey
oh I do. gttdi goes under the knife for all wheel drive swap so hopefully its back for 2014

excuse my grammer, Google thinks it knows what I want.
You'll have to keep us updated on how it goes. Hopefully it will be around to whip around Rochester early next year. I imagine it makes quite a difference

ejg3855

Veteran Member
TDI
1Z
I hope to get it done this winter. I am unsure if I will complete the swap, might push into summer. It will likely nickle and dime me to death.

gerglion

TDI
2001 Golf
I've seen a few suggestions of different places to take TDIs to. Anyone have any preferences? My car is stuck at work with, probably, a hosed starter. Trying to decide if I should get it towed to a shop or try to do the job myself.

As for sightings, I see various TDIs around, though none with a TDIClub plate frame.

Samcar222

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Salsa Red JSW TDI
I've seen a few suggestions of different places to take TDIs to. Anyone have any preferences? My car is stuck at work with, probably, a hosed starter. Trying to decide if I should get it towed to a shop or try to do the job myself.

As for sightings, I see various TDIs around, though none with a TDIClub plate frame.
Try CDI in Victor, great Euro indy shop that specializes in German marques. All the cars in my sig go there for work. Great staff and fair pricing. CDIcars.com.

Samcar222

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Salsa Red JSW TDI
Saw a MK6 grey or black Golf with xenons coming out of the Mendon four corners Wednesday 2/19 at about 3:45 pm, you had your lower grille blocked with pipe insulation :D Couldn't spot a tdi club frame. I was in the red JSW.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Saw a blue Jetta MK6 TDI this morning at Tim Hortons in Batavia-Schmitts plate frames.Usually see a silver MK4 Jetta TDI in the morning there on my way to work.

singhind

TDI
2014 Golf Sportswagon
TDi moving to Rochester

Hi,

Just moved to Rochester with a 2004 jetta TDI (station wagon) and in search of a good mechanic. Any suggestions? I've heard mixed reviews of Dorschel and came across a place called pro-care. Any other suggestions for TDIs in Rochester also more than welcome!

Cheers,
Indrani

Bbailey

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Hey all Im in Rochester 2010 dark blue TDI Ive had it since 2013. Im in need of a good mechanic. I am overboosting causing limp mode even after replacing actuator.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I saw a red MKIV Jetta w/TDI Club plate frame in the Knollwood Manor apartment complex in Fairport yesterday and today-looked at a green MKIV 2.0 Jetta that we ended up buying.....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just saw a nice A4 White wagon at the Tractor Supply in Batavia-looked like it had a lift kit in it-had Ohio plates and a elevated hitch ball.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I got a ticket once in stafford (on the thruway)..nice money making machine you got out there!
Thank the State.....doesn't matter where you get pulled over,it's a money grab-bend over and grab your ankles whenever you see the lights come on behind you;)-anyone going throug NYS,if you get a ticket, it's almost a $100 surcharge on top of the fine you get......and a B5 Passat TDI sedan sighting in Batavia tonight-silver w/ black wheels-I see that one around Batavia every once in awhile.....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Wow,been awhile. I spotted a grey B4 Passat at the Batavia Burger King around 4pm today(3/30/16)-as I went by it,it was a TDI!!! It looked like they had some rust repair on it,as there were some patches of black or darker paint all around. I'll have to keep an eye out for it around town.....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I went to Dorschel to pick up a new wiper blade for the Jetta. Upon parking,I saw a Night Blue Passat TDI-but it had a "not for sale" tag on rearview mirror-a turn-in I assume. There also was a white TDI wagon with plates on it near it. After I got the blade and had lunch,there were 3 more TDI wagons in the front line-I think 1 didn't have plates-must've been a busy day for turn-ins......

mr.mindless

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Galactic Blue Jetta GLS
damn shame, tickles the same bones that cash for clunkers did.

I'm parting a silver mk IV golf if anyone is interested. I've also got an AHU available, and will be putting my MkIII jetta up for sale soon. Winter beater quality - I just need to get the other MkIV golf I'm working on wrapped up. Could sell the Golf instead for the right price.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
After I posted,I went to the "dieselgate" forum-I'm guessing it was a settlement day for the TDI's. It made me sad too,but if VW is giving a nice chunk of change for them,I just hope the owners save some of it when Uncle Sam comes knocking;).... it's been getting harder to spot any older TDI's around,but I still look for the badge.....