Off-center steering wheel

sinfony78

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 sportwagen
Does anyone else have one that is off center?
Mine was off to the left a bit and they fixed it (by adjusting steering wheel, not alignment), then it went off to the left again after a couple weeks.
Paid for an alignment and now it is to the right.
I haven't minded for the last couple years, but I'm about to take a country-wide road trip and having it fixed and then gone back has made me a little anal about having it corrected.

I know I've read a few posts saying they were off and then got fixed, but is this affecting anyone else?

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2010 JSW - retired
I had the dealer fix mine a while back. They didn't even question me about anything, they looked at it and said they'll take a look and fix it if they can.

jhein2580

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagon TDI
Mine was also off center and my wonderful dealer insisted that it was a wheel alignment issue and not the steering wheel. Of course an alignment is not free so they wanted to charge me for this and I insisted that the wheels alignment was good but the steering wheel seemed to be off one spline. Eventually they let me talk to the lead tech and he agreed with me and they removed the steering wheel and adjusted it back to center... Much better now.