P1550 Limp mode still not fixed

lucassayers7

TDI
MK6 TDI Golf (recall) MK1 Rabbit TD from NA(sold) MK1 Scirocco TDI (Building)1990 Corrado TDI(Daily)
In November it will be a year since I've had this issue, Been working on too many projects to completely focus on this.

so far done to try and remedy it:
-All N75 hose swapped for new 3mm ID hoses
-boost leak test from intake manifold coupling to turbo coupling(holds 35 PSI fine)
-EGR delete
-swapped N75
-ECU hose replaced

Not quite sure what to try next if a new turbo is the answer seems like i get limp mode after being on the highway not affected by in town, will vcds give me a better understanding of the issue? also this is not cause by the oversize front mounted intercooler or big piping? Also it spikes a little boost and then settles around 13 and pulls strong

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Last edited:

lucassayers7

TDI
MK6 TDI Golf (recall) MK1 Rabbit TD from NA(sold) MK1 Scirocco TDI (Building)1990 Corrado TDI(Daily)
Oh my bad, it's a 1997 or 98 Jetta(in my corrado) ahu, waste gate turbo. Everything has been tested with an air compressor for leaks and holds good. Thinking im going to pull the intake and see the if there is shaft play and test the actuator,

would like to get vcds but not sure where to buy a lot of places selling it varies in price a ton.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
What is P1550? What scan tool are you using?

You'll need something like VCDS for best results.

lucassayers7

TDI
Trying to get one of the key-usb Ross tech cable off craigslist at the moment. It's a boost Deviation code

I found the turbo shaft to have quite a bit of in and out play comparing it to the other ahu motor and turbo I got in my garage which has 0 play how bad is that? Had no play up down or side to side, Car seems to boost fine, is it just getting to the end of its life span?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
OK, well with the early cars, boost deviation is all you get. Meaning, they do not give you over or under. So you need to first determine which you have. Graphing the boost with a scan tool will give you that information, and possibly the freeze frame data if available.

lucassayers7

TDI
Resized photos

Last edited:

lucassayers7

TDI
Could someone possibly send me a link to were they bought there rebuild kit for there k03 turbo meant for a diesel seems like its different then the gassed rebuild.

Started blowing alot of blue smoke yesterday on start up pulling it today