fueling problems a few months after stage 2 and CP3 upgrade

skycrane

TDI
'12 Audi A3, 96 E300, 87 300SDL
hey guys,

ive got a 12 Audi A3 that IM KEEPING. i got the stage 2 done in Oct, and the CP3 and TB done in Dec at 120k miles. its been running great till a week or so ago when it started just randomly dying and losing power. The glowplug light flashes and i loose all sorts of power, i can barley do over 40mph when it happens so i have to pull over and restart the car, it goes away and i have all the power back i need
ive checked it with my little scan tool and says its a low fuel rail pressure. so i took it back to who installed it and they called up Les to ask him about it. he had them check the fuel pressure sender on the side of the CP3 and both O-Rings are mangled up. Les is sending a new one down to replace it with.
We are replacing the fuel pump in the tank and fuel filter when we get the part from Les. Does anyone have any other ideas on what could cause it?

thanks joe

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Did you get one of the used pumps?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Hopefully it's just a bad pressure sensor. The pump internals generally hold up extremely well.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
The first hour of driving my JSW with newly installed CP3 which is a reman unit, the signs were exact the same as said on this thread and drove back to my friend's who installed CP3 and Timing belt kit, my friend didnt remove aux pump, his mistake. once removed and redirected the fuel line hose, problem solved. will need to clean the sensor because it shudders at half pedal to WOT. that's only problem so far. so far I logged about 4k to 5k miles since last week of Dec 2016.