VA people----- anyone?

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Custom Car Care in Yorktown has a Dynapack. That's where I've dyno'd my Mk3 several times. It's about 1.5 miles north of I-64 exit 258B.

Reactions: Ton

lobstahcookah

TDI
03 Golf TDI
Would love to see a meet somewhere! I personally don't mind a 3-4 hour drive if it means twisty mountain roads.

On a side note...anyone know of dynapack or dyno dynamics dynamometers in the hampton roads area?
I'd be up for a meet as well. Got a few more little jobs to get done on the Mk4 but I have full confidence/interest in a day trip.

kevkor2002

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen, 2002 Honda S2000
WV checking in here. Does that count? I do work in Reston. Just picked up a '15 GSW S w/ DSG

CRJSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Im back In the Tidewater area, living in Suffolk. Hard time finding any VW clubs here which is odd because I see them a lot. Do pulls on the interstate get thumbs ups only to never be seen again lol.
I have a Salsa Red 2010 Sportwagen, lowered with a lot of suspension as it was built for my commute from Bristol VA to Clarksburg WV for the 3 years I had to do that. Malone Stg.2 and straight piped.
Anyone in the area? I already know of the aircooled dominate clubs but watercooled and TDI's are my preference as I know from past clubs the AC guys seperate from the younger crowd of WC (I'm 42 though) 757 dubs seems of no use either as the FB site turned into a buy sell groups with no events or GTG's
BTW I grew up here so this is my hometown but has been 20 years!

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
VW clubs here have never really been too "clubby" (757Dubs was the "anti-club"); plus, clubs have changed a bit since social media blew up. Try Virginia Coast Euros (which is not exclusive to VWs) at https://www.facebook.com/groups/virginiacoasteuros/. The group is younger, but friendly overall, I think. I don't hang with them a lot because I'm into other stuff, but there's always someone to chat with at their gatherings.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Im back In the Tidewater area, living in Suffolk. Hard time finding any VW clubs here which is odd because I see them a lot. Do pulls on the interstate get thumbs ups only to never be seen again lol.
I have a Salsa Red 2010 Sportwagen, lowered with a lot of suspension as it was built for my commute from Bristol VA to Clarksburg WV for the 3 years I had to do that. Malone Stg.2 and straight piped.
Anyone in the area? I already know of the aircooled dominate clubs but watercooled and TDI's are my preference as I know from past clubs the AC guys seperate from the younger crowd of WC (I'm 42 though) 757 dubs seems of no use either as the FB site turned into a buy sell groups with no events or GTG's
BTW I grew up here so this is my hometown but has been 20 years!
Welcome back, I'm in North Suffolk around Bennett's Creek and harbour view.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
Most of the folks in this group have favored GTGs closer to DC in the past. But I'd be glad to meet with you and adjat84th in Harbor View. There are a lot of places to eat there. It's along my commute between Fort Eustis and Greenbrier; not too far for me to drive on a weekend, either.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It's spring time, beautiful out, and just about time for another GTG.

Thoughts on when and where? I'm thinking of going to to Harper's Ferry, WV on Saturday, which would be a great place for a GTG - good train spotting and places to hang out and talk about cars... but I'll be taking the Fiat 500e instead of a TDI. Maybe we could consider this as an option sometime.

Another thought would be getting together for brunch one Sunday. I've been meaning to try the brunch at American Tandoor in Tysons Corner mall.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
You fit in a Fiat 500?
I sure do! Like a Smart, they're very roomy in the front, even for big people like me. I drove it to Harpers Ferry and back yesterday... got lunch and did a little train spotting. Charged for free while I was up there.

So yeah - let's start getting some ideas out there before the weather gets too hot and humid to have any fun outdoors. :)

I had thought about a trip to Skyline Drive. There is a decent restaurant at Skyland in the northern third of the park. It might be a nice place to meet up.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Any thing in the Northern Neck area. Perhaps in conjunction with the Speedway? Westmoreland SP (ie. BBQ)? Maybe Urbana area? Something not too hard to get to for the Hampton Roads, MD & NoVA people.

llemo

TDI
2013 VW Golf TDI; 2003 VW Golf TDI (sold)
What about a GTG in Richmond? 2 hours for NOVA people, 2 hours for VA beach people, 2-3 hours for mountain people, 15 minutes for me :D
Good food, good beer...

VeeDubTDI

TDI
What about a GTG in Richmond? 2 hours for NOVA people, 2 hours for VA beach people, 2-3 hours for mountain people, 15 minutes for me :D
Good food, good beer...
Better do it before the summer beach season starts. Once that opens up, the 2 hour drive from NOVA turns into a 4 hour drive. ;)

WVWGG83A3TE

TDI
96 B4
Hello. Moved to Fairfax from North Jersey, looking for a guru or mechanic for my 96 B4. Has a rough idle, starting to sound like it needs attention. Any other way of getting into contact with NOVADUBS without facebook? Never got into social networking.

Silent-chris

TDI
2012 Jetta tdi
Anyone in the hampton area willing to help me out? I just picked up my alh a few weeks ago.

Feels low on power . I know it's not suppose to have a lot of power but thought it would feel like my 91 accord. Was wondering if anyone would come test drive my car and see how it feels to them.

Or something.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hello. Moved to Fairfax from North Jersey, looking for a guru or mechanic for my 96 B4. Has a rough idle, starting to sound like it needs attention. Any other way of getting into contact with NOVADUBS without facebook? Never got into social networking.
Hello and welcome! Check with Tom in Stafford. He does great work and specializes in the early TDIs.

username: Ninedee_Golf_Tdi
profile link: http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=14402

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
I'm commuting daily from Richmond to CHarlottesville now. So glad for the high MPGs of these baby diesels.

Up for a meet in the VA area on weekends.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
I used to live in Blacksburg (for school), Alexandria and Quantico (Marine family). I'm a 2-3 hours south of virginia on the NC Coast. As long as the commonwealth remains open, I'd love to join everyone for a meetup. Never been to one. Lots of people in NC but they're twice as far away as some of you in VA. Wanna get together in Elizabeth City, NC? Shaves some time off for me. Lol

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Thought of everyone when I saw this Grand Opening near us for Indoor Go-Karting.. Looks similar to the ones used each year at the Detroit Car Show get together.

http://www.autobahnspeed.com/

They have a few locations that would be convenient to the masses. Dulles, VA; Baltimore or White Marsh MD.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Thought of everyone when I saw this Grand Opening near us for Indoor Go-Karting.. Looks similar to the ones used each year at the Detroit Car Show get together.

http://www.autobahnspeed.com/

They have a few locations that would be convenient to the masses. Dulles, VA; Baltimore or White Marsh MD.
I went to the Baltimore/BWI one for a friends bachelor party. Most fun I've ever had on four wheels :D:cool:

kevkor2002

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen, 2002 Honda S2000
Anyone in NoVa area with a VCDS willing to do some coding on my 2015 GSW? I'd,like to get the key fob windows setup and a potentially a couple of other things. I live in WV and work in Herndon. Hoping this is the right forum to ask.

Jerm