VW TDI vanity plate ideas?

Licken2

I've got an 02 Jetta TDI 5-spd... in which I will be running biodiesel soon. I'm looking for a catchy vanity plate idea for the car... anyone have any ideas??

I need to turn this form in during the next couple days.... :)

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Would it make sense for you to post what state/country you are in?

You won't be able to use material someone already has, right?

Licken2

Good point. I'm in Illinois! They limit us to 6 letters and 1 number. Letters have to come before the number. :( I could do a straight Vanity plate which is all 7 letters... but it's another $47.

Licken2

The NOPEC idea is definitely catchy.

So far I've been thinking about this all day... and here's what I've came up with - "SMKN VW 2" "BIO DZL 1" and "OPECFU 2" :-D

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
It's not biodiesel, but if you want to go with used french fry oil, then how about:
FRYBRID

Last edited:

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, could only find silver
my wife is going to get one that reads beta k (reversed would be kate b, her name)

If I were running 100% used cooking oil or homebrewed BioD (I'm to lazy) I would get the plate delta G (might still, though it would be a misnomer).

I might change my name here to b.norby (if you try to type my name using the qwerty system on a keyboard that is set up for dvorak you get b.norby (anyone care to translate and post my name?). I'm thinking of getting this as my plate, too.

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, could only find silver
bhtooefr said:
b.norby = nelsont

The . was throwing me off... :D
Someone give this man a cookie (I would, but I have none to give, sorry)

I've got the paperwork to take to the MVA, but have to wait another week or so before I can go. Have 3 reasons to go, and am not going to go if I can't get all of them taken care of at the same time. Place is a pain in my arse!

(why do they make you go during the week, between 9 and 4:30 to do anything with plates? We have to work too! And it is illegal in Md to do state inspections on the weekend! illegal!)

ICNTDRV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI
Not TDI related, but here is my Tag:

When I pulled up to the dealership in my old car with this tag on, the salesman was hesitant to let me drive the Passat.

I almost didn't renew it and I was on my way to the Tag office when I saw a carload of people behind me lauging at it and decided it was worth it.