VAG 7 to 4 Digit PIN Converter That Works

TeleDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2004, Reflex Silver
For those of you that are doing cluster swaps that get a 7 digit SKC, here is a to a 7 to 0+4 digit PIN converter that actually works:

When you get your 7 digit SKC, just run it through this program to convert it to a 0+4 digit PIN that you can use in VAGCOM. Much eaiser to remember and input that way.

It can be freely downloaded from:

Advanced-Diagnostics

(I could never get the old PINCODE.EXE to produce a usable 0+4 digit PIN)

This one works great. Download it, quick before it goes away...

T.D.

TeleDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2004, Reflex Silver
VAG-COM does the same
Yes, VAGCOM will "convert" the 7 digit PIN into a 0+4 digit PIN, but it will not reveal the value to you. VAGCOM actually uses the 0+4 digit PIN behind the scenes to logon to the controller. VAGCOM will also allow you to enter the 0+4 digit PIN if you happen to know what it is.

That is why this utility is so useful. After you get the 7 digit SKC from the stealership, you convert it the the 0+4 digit PIN and use that to adapt the keys to the immobilizer.

That's how I did mine and it worked great.

T.D.

thortdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Octavia Wagon
BTW: How do you get the 7-digit SKC code ?
Any other way than asking a potentially less-helpful dealership ?
Any program out ther to generate one ?

I still have this second key from ebay floating around and I'd like to introduce it to my TDI.
My friendly stealership wants to charge $$ for every little step along the way....

tellitlkeitis

TDI
passat
key coding

BTW: How do you get the 7-digit SKC code ?
Any other way than asking a potentially less-helpful dealership ?
Any program out ther to generate one ?

I still have this second key from ebay floating around and I'd like to introduce it to my TDI.
My friendly stealership wants to charge $$ for every little step along the way....
yes you can buy a key programmer which reads the immobilizer and programs the key. Its a product called SBB go to ebay and type in the letters SBB. and you can find it on ebay usually costs about $80-100 and can program your keys as well as retrieve both 7digit pin codes and 4 digit pin codes works on vag models and domestic and foriegn cars as well.

tellitlkeitis

TDI
passat
license fee?

For those of you that are doing cluster swaps that get a 7 digit SKC, here is a to a 7 to 0+4 digit PIN converter that actually works:

When you get your 7 digit SKC, just run it through this program to convert it to a 0+4 digit PIN that you can use in VAGCOM. Much eaiser to remember and input that way.

It can be freely downloaded from:

Advanced-Diagnostics

(I could never get the old PINCODE.EXE to produce a usable 0+4 digit PIN)

This one works great. Download it, quick before it goes away...

T.D.
is there a licensing fee once downloaded to use the product?