Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

CaptainKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Black
I can not say for sure. A couple of months ago he said yes but has not since mentioned it. I am sure that he is loaded down with work back home and finds it difficult to drive all that way for a day's visit.

For what it is worth, I have a pop tester here but no real equipment to do the shimming and main injection accessment.
I just got a response to a PM I sent to Frank about doing some head work. He says he's planning on coming.

Kirk

TheSpatulaOfLove

Non-stick & heat resistant!
TDI
04 Bug TDI GLS, Black & 02 Bug TDI GLS, Uglyass Green
*Sigh* I have been VolunTOLD for the 23rd. :-/

I wanted to bring the new-to-me bug with 207k miles and let all the enthusiasts, etc swarm all over it.

I talked to Compu_85 who is going to be gracious enough to change the trans fluid/filter to see if it clears up the stumble in everyone's favorite transmission, the 01M.

I would appreciate any opinions people may have to address issues on the car.

Also, does anyone know if Peter from IDPARTS is coming?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm hoping to come out but it's possible I'll have to cancel at the last minute for family reasons. So if you have to have something for the GTG it would be best to have it shipped.

A Riv

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI 5-speed, 1972 bug, 1996 Triumph Thunderbird (moto).
I'm down to check this out. I'm from Missouri, but I'm in Rochester Hills for the summer for an internship with GM in Pontiac. That's only an hour and a half away for me according to the maps. I've never been to a get together before, so this should be fun!

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Ok.... I missed Impex on June 2nd due to a storm that knocked out power to my place, but I will NOT be missing this one :cool:

I'll be there and I am looking forward to seeing Jeff (RC) and having him go over my car again for a new Tune :D

Since it is only a 5hour drive from my place, I'll be there early, say about 7:30/8:00am (ish) :D

See ya all there :D

MrVermin

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Oh, one thing... I may need some "Hoist Time" to check out how tight my downpipe is on the turbo side as well as check on a few under carriage rattles in the engine area :eek:

See ya all in 2 weeks :cool:

MrVermin

A Riv

TDI
Does anybody going sell skidplates?? I would like to get one and put it on that day if there's time...

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Glad you're going to make it out MrVermin. You gonna spend the night in town on Saturday?

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I may not attend this after all. :(
My TDI may be in the body shop then unless I put the repair off until after this GTG. I hate deer! :mad:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Is anybody going sell skidplates?? I would like to get one and put it on that day if there's time...
Both Jim and Aaron are happy to ship to a remote address IF you have the permission of the person at that location. Just check with Marty, buy the skidplate, and tell them where to send it.

A Riv

TDI
Ok thanks. One question: Who is Jim or Aaron?

Last edited:

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Glad you're going to make it out MrVermin. You gonna spend the night in town on Saturday?
I might stay the night in town and leave on Sunday .... If I can find a place to crash for the night :eek::D

MrVermin

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We're deciding between staying at the Marriott in Ypsi and staying at Jason's parents' ... I'm thinking the Marriott sounds good - need to do some Fest stuff anyway. :)

k4u2luz2

TDI
2006 Jetta
I will be there for sure with a couple guys. Who can I connect with to
make some Vagcom tweaks? Like door locks and such? Any volunteers?

DieselSax

Mid Michigan - little town called Riverdale
TDI
'10 JSW, Manual 6-spd, Black/Black
Just got my "new" '10 JSW so now I can go to these things as a proud TDI owner, and my first GTG. Fowlerville is only about an hour and a half from home. Seems like a good time to jump in and start meeting some of you good folks. :)

Question for you all: My car only has 29K on it. Should I be looking at one of them tunes or wait a bit?

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
I'm just above 30,000 on my 2010 and I'll be getting tuned at this GTG. Most people have warranty concerns but the reality is that unless VW can PROVE that the ECU tune was the cause of the specific failure, then they are mandated to cover you under the terms of the warranty.

I say if you have the money and are looking for the most bang for your buck performance modification, then go for it.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
It's never too soon to get bitten by the mod bug. :D

Congrats on the new ride, 5-J!

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
I will be there for sure with a couple guys. Who can I connect with to
make some Vagcom tweaks? Like door locks and such? Any volunteers?

There should be plenty of VCDSs floating around but if you need, look me up. I'll have mine too.

TDIJettaz

TDI
'14 JSW, '02 JW
I will hopefully be there. I'm going to try. It would be my first GTG. I'd be excited to meet many of the gearheads on here that work hard on these TDIs. I've done a fair amount of research myself, but only limited maintenance, and I'd love to see some of the projects going on.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
I'm going to try to get my son to drop by for this and meet some locals. He's in East Lansing and working in Howell so he's in the area. He may be working, but ought to be able to stop in.

(And he's looking for references for someone to do a master cylinder somewhere close to Lansing.)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
BTW... is this a Passat? I assumed so.
Yes - it's a B4 wagon. Had a ride in it last year which was before the planned 4 Motion conversion. Haven't talked to Matt since then so not sure if that was done by now? Certainly fits the definition of "sleeper" as it has no fancy wheels or lowered suspension. Looks like an older Passat wagon - but it's bite is HUGE! ;)

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I thought it might have been one of the BHW Passats that Matt yanked the balance shaft out of.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
I thought it might have been one of the BHW Passats that Matt yanked the balance shaft out of.
No, it'll be NoJokes twin turbo b4. A bsm-less b5.5 isn't anything special, I can't tell the difference with the delete done. However, sprocket's monster b5.5 6spd will be there :).