2013 Sportwagen purchase advice

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Yes, its a missing panel. I think that is a standard feature that every JSW has.

Congrats on the new car.

shoebear

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon, 2005 New Beetle, 2013 Sportwagen
Yes, its a missing panel. I think that is a standard feature that every JSW has.

Congrats on the new car.
Thanks! Now I just need to track down the part number. Or else watch the local pull & pay for mk6 cars and see if I can nab one that way.

hause

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
MK4 Golf Tdi... all souped up also a MK7 Sportwagen on its way to greatness
I've been selling 12-13 Jetta SPW with around 50k for $8995 for a car in good condition

shoebear

Veteran Member
TDI

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen TDI/M6; 2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins/M6 Mega Cab; 2011 Jetta TDI/M6 (sold)
shoebear,

Yes, our 2011 JSW had one. I haven't spent any time in the back seat of my 2013 (yet) so I cant say whether it has one.

It looks like Pick and Pull in KC, Missouri has been buying a lot of the VW buybacks. May give them a call to see if they have and will pull that cover for you and ship it. I'm going to call and see if they have some other options that I'm looking for also.

PICK N PULL
KANSAS CITY MO
Phone #: (916) 367-3170

shoebear

Veteran Member
TDI
It looks like Pick and Pull in KC, Missouri has been buying a lot of the VW buybacks. May give them a call to see if they have and will pull that cover for you and ship it. I'm going to call and see if they have some other options that I'm looking for also.

PICK N PULL
KANSAS CITY MO
Phone #: (916) 367-3170
Thanks for the tip! I'll call them tomorrow.

Treetrimmer

TDI
2006 Jetta MT5
Why would you go to the expense of replacing a pump with one that will void the 4 year/48K mile warranty that's included with all fixed TDIs?
Just to clear something up, there is no 4 year/48k mile warranty "included w all fixed TDIs." You are confusing the warranty provided on emissions system only, not any other part of the car.

A CPO car, (must be purchased from a VW dealer and be below mileage limit), covers fixed TDI cars for 24 months/unlimited miles. None of the cars offered by independent dealers can have a CPO warranty from VW put on them.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
We are talking about the HPFP, right? That's what I was referring to when I wrote about the 4/48 warranty.

Treetrimmer

TDI
2006 Jetta MT5
Right. There is no 4-year warranty on the HPFP "included with all fixed TDIs." There may be some separate extended warranty from VW on that part but nothing was added for fixed dieselgate cars.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Right. There is no 4-year warranty on the HPFP "included with all fixed TDIs." There may be some separate extended warranty from VW on that part but nothing was added for fixed dieselgate cars.
The entire fueling system is covered under the dieselgate warranty.

It's not just the emissions system. It's everything that can be impacted by the emissions update, including the long block itself. The transmission is not covered.

shoebear

Veteran Member
TDI
I called VW America, and they said the car carries the TDi Warranty Extension until 11/4/2023 or 174,579 miles. As bizzle said, it covers everything in the car that's fuel related, including the fuel pump -- I asked specifically about that.

CDKJudoka

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
The is directly from VW in regards to the extended Emissions Warranty.

Parts Covered Under Extended Warranty

 The entire exhaust gas after treatment system, including the Diesel
Oxidation Catalytic converter (DOC), the NOx Reduction Catalytic
Converter, the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), the exhaust flap, and
all sensors and actuators;

 The entire fuel system, including fuel pumps, high pressure fuel rail,
fuel injectors, vibration damper, pressure control valve, and all
sensors and actuators;

 The EGR system, including EGR valves, EGR cooler, EGR filter, EGR
temperature sensor, all related hoses and pipes, and all sensors
and actuators;

 The air intake pipe and charge air cooler, charge air temperature
sensor and air mass sensor (HFM);

 The turbocharger, including the turbocharger damper;

 The glow plug;

 The On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system, any malfunctions detected
by the On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system other than those related
to the transmission

Additionally, the engine long block warranty shall cover the engine
sub-assembly that consists of the assembled block, crankshaft, cylinder
head, camshaft, and valve train.

The extended emissions warranty includes parts, labor, and applicable
taxes. If the warranty service is scheduled to take longer than three
hours VW must provide a loaner vehicle. The extended emissions
warranty shall not void or supersede any existing warranty. Conflicts
concerning the warranty are to be resolved in favor of the consumer.

KeyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagon
I researched and concur what CDK says above.
HPFP is covered, and much more.

The cover over the 110v outlet is held in place by a spring loaded ball each side... mine falls off all the time... check under your front seats... youd be surprised what I found under mine... not all of it was "Nice" surprises...:eek:

I'm a stick shift guy... and I am really liking the DSG...

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
The cover over the 110v outlet is held in place by a spring loaded ball each side... mine falls off all the time... check under your front seats... youd be surprised what I found under mine... not all of it was "Nice" surprises...:
No luck for me (just picked up a ‘13 yesterday). Does anyone know the part number for this cover? The parts diagrams I’ve managed to find online somehow manage to omit the cover entirely.

KeyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagon
I saw several vehicles like ours at my Pick/Pull JY last week.... let me take a look next time im there... but do not pay retail!:p

TDIBaltimore

TDI
2012 VW Jetta Wagon
I was at dealership the other day and they had 2011 Sportwagen with 65k miles for $6800 with 2 year unlimited mileage bumper to bumper warranty.

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
That is a killer deal! Considering the CPO is just like a new car bumper to bumper just with a $50 deductible, not to mention you would have the extended emissions warranty on top of that.

shoebear

Veteran Member
TDI
No luck for me (just picked up a ‘13 yesterday). Does anyone know the part number for this cover? The parts diagrams I’ve managed to find online somehow manage to omit the cover entirely.
Sorry, just saw your question. The black trim door for the inverter is 1K091932381U. I bought one on eBay for about $25.

ON EDIT: I think that 1K091932381U is the WRONG part for my car, because the hinge at the bottom is different. Possibly there is an intermediate part that would make it all work, but I doubt it.

The inverter.

The 1K091932381U trim panel (door)

Both together. Note the different and incompatible hinge mechanisms.

Last edited: