2011 B7 Estate Panoramic Roof LEak - Help!

matada34

TDI
B7 Passat
Hi,

I have the dreaded panoramic roof leak problem, both A pillars get wet but now it dripping through the head lining and soaking the seat.

Ive poked some strimmer cable down the front drain holes, the passenger side would barely go in where as the drivers side (which leaks) went in to a length of approximately the dash board area.

Im guessing the pipe to sun roof attachments are off or leaking.
Has anyone got any clear guidance on this relating to the B7?

Im thinking I need to have a look behind the roof lining to see whats going on, im a bit of a wimp when it comes to head lining!

If I park the car on a hill, front end up there is no leak, I guess the rain runs down the back drain holes.

Thanks for looking, thanks even more if you can help!

Cheers Matada

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
My guess is the euro B7 (Non NMS) have spider traps that are possibly under the front cowl similar to the mk7 Golfs. Maybe do a peak see under the cowl/wipers and check if their stuck closed.

As for the drain conenctions up by the drip tray from pics that I've seen on mk7 GSW, those seals are crazy tight, like a slip cover of about 2" or so. Maybe if there was standing water in the seals and it froze I could see it cracking the drip tray fitting.

matada34

TDI
B7 Passat
Great thanks, ill get underneath and have a look at the rears. I have to park on an incline so the fronts dont leak so im guessing the rears are ok although maybe need a clean.

As for the fronts, are they the same? Red caps somewhere up front?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
from what i've seen on the GSW, yes. way up by the A pillars under the cowel.