I NEED fender sound system pleasEEEEE

kwiatekch

TDI
2012 Jetta 2.0TDI
I wracked my 2012 jetta TDI with premium fender sound system :(
Just couple of days ag got a 2015 Passat with regular crap radio and im going nutz !!! please let me knw if you guys know any alternatives to a great sound ?
Preferably id like to find someone who could sell me a whole fender sound system so I could than install it in my car

garreth5

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta
I know others just bought new speakers, amplifier and subwoofer to improve the sound system of their Passat.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
I could sell you the fender sub that I might replace with my JL Audio stealth box.

On the other hand, I have two small kids in the back and my wife would prefer I not shake their brains around so I haven't bothered installing the stealth box. It came out of my 2012 JSW and I'd be willing to sell it. Market value is somewhere around/little less than $500 since they were $900 new and discontinued. I used it for about a year before the buyback. You'll need a LOC, but I have the one I bought for the job available that'd go with it.

Last option would be what I did for my bug, but I don't know if you're going to like it...
I had a JL Audio 12w7 and commissioned a local pro I knew to hand build a fiberglass tub that fit into my spare tire well. I removed the trunk deck and installed a false floor with metal grating. I might be able to take some pictures tomorrow if I get home early enough, but if you want to see them and I forget shoot me a PM to update this thread over the weekend.

Now, the sub will knock a hole in the car's roof and blow anyone next to me a lane over but it cost well over $1,500 for that one speaker not counting amp or wiring or anything else in the system, which is why I said not sure you'd like that solution. Takes a real dedicated enthusiast or dumbass to dump that much money into a 98 that is too much work to remove pre-sale :p Luckily I did it before marriage because my wife doesn't have to vocalize which category she feels I'm in for me to know :D

Jb22

TDI
2015 Passat DSG
I wracked my 2012 jetta TDI with premium fender sound system :(
Just couple of days ag got a 2015 Passat with regular crap radio and im going nutz !!! please let me knw if you guys know any alternatives to a great sound ?
Preferably id like to find someone who could sell me a whole fender sound system so I could than install it in my car
I had a shop install a Sony XAV200. They replaced the seakers with Pioneer D series and installed a dd audio 12" sub and mono amp. They used the amp from the head unit for the speakers because of the budget. It sounds 8,000,000 times better than the factory set up, and 4,000 times better than the Fender set up. It was all, installed, under $2000. The next step is a four channel amp for the speakers, about $500 installed. The head unit is great, carplay/android auto is great, it's easy to use.

There are a couple of minor downsides. 1 - song info doesn't show up i the mfd. 2- Steering wheel controls are about 90%, though I'm sure a different head unit and steering wheel control set up would make it better (same money). 3- The sub takes up trunk space. There are other options, again for the same money, that take up less. I was fond of the one I chose, but it's personal preference.