P2015

TDI
Posting this up for a friend. He and his wife live in Cali, and they got a P2015 on their MKV Jetta. They went to a dealership and had the manifold replaced. The dealer is now telling him that they have to "reset the emissions module 'bits' and drive the car around for a few hundred miles to make sure everything is good and the code does not return" (they have an emissions test in a couple weeks). They are going to charge him $285 for this. Friend called me for advice, and to be honest it sounds like BS to me. My initial thought was that is that this is the dealership being sly and charging $285 to reset the ECM code, and that a VAG-COM cable would do the same thing in a matter of minutes. Anyone have experience with this?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
You say a MK5 Jetta, what year? A 2009+ has an easy (and cheap) fix for a P2015. However, if it is a 2005.5-2006 TDI, it is a different story. It really sounds like they are just talking about resetting the readiness bits. This just requires driving around for a while with a mix of city and highway miles. If they already replaced the manifold and cleared the fault codes, this should be all that is required. Anyone with VCDS can check your "readiness" after you drive around for a while. There is no need to pay somebody all that money to drive your car around town for an hour.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited: