Exhaust Pressure Sensor B Circuit Low - CEL Code (P047C). What does this mean?

ChodeysTDi

TDI
'09 Jetta TDi
My CEL recently came on and the code I got was P047C, Exhaust Pressure Sensor B Circuit Low.

Can anyone help me with how to fix this or what could be causing it? My local Dealership wants to charge me $110 to diagnose it and I would like to save that money if anyone has come across this problem and knows what the likely cause is.

Thanks for your help!

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I am not familiar with that code and it does not appear to exist in the Ross-Tech wiki. Where did you get this code? Did you have the car scanned with VCDS? If this code came from a generic code reader, it is probably incomplete information. That said; there are several pressure sensors in the exhaust system of your car, mostly associated with the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter). There are pressure sensors before and after the DPF to measure the pressure drop from soot loading. However, DPF regeneration problems will usually light the DPF light not the CEL (MIL). You should really start with a complete scan with a VW specific scan tool. If you do not want to pay the dealer, you should find someone with VCDS. You just might be surprised how much more info your car can tell you with the right scan tool. Good Luck, perhaps someone else will have more information.

Have Fun!

Don

ChodeysTDi

TDI
'09 Jetta TDi
Unfortunately, I'm away from home for a while and know no one with a VCDS. With the options currently available, I went to Advanced Auto and they hooked up their computer to the car. It produced the P047C. The guy there told me he never heard of it before and recommended I go to VW, which is apparently what I'll be doing on Saturday morning now! Thanks.